PDA

View Full Version : Ebco-Jaegger Heaters

rogge26
06-06-2008, 09:57 AM
My two 150 watt Ebco-Jaegger Heaters, have a minimum and maximum water line on them, but I have seen that many people have these heaters submerged. Would I be safe submerging my heaters? If so, what are the minimum and maximum water lines for?

tedsdiscus
06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
all of my jagers are submersible type. Does the packaging say that they are submersible? If not, please don't risk it. It would make sense, that since it has a min and max water line, that they may not be submersible.

Maybe google the model number and see.

Ted

rogge26
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will google the model number.

rogge26
06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I called Jehmco and they said that the Ebco-Jaegger heaters are submersible. Jehmco said that the minimum and maximum water lines on the heaters are for overseas UL listings and I can submerse the heaters.

aquagal
06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I bought mine from Big Als online and they said they put the min/max line for Canadian buyers as their codes are different/more strict than ours but that they ARE submersible. I bought several, have them submersed and have had no problems.

Sherry

rogge26
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks Sherry. I will go ahead and submerse them. It got to be a pain keeping the water in between those two lines when doing so many water changes.