PDA

View Full Version : discman123's goods

KJoFan
06-07-2008, 01:28 AM
So I'm sure you all saw the great looking fry Mike (discman123) had for sale on here. Well, I ended up buying the lot. I picked them up this afternoon after their short flight to Minneapolis from St. Louis. Everything went smoothly and the packaging was top notch.

I also got a proven pair, Gold Melon female that's very pretty and a Red Turq male. Does anyone know what kind of combinations of fry I could expect from this pair?

Fry and pair hit their new tanks as if nothing had ever happened.

Here's how the pair welcomed their new home:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/KJoFan/DSC08915.jpg

Unfortunately, the male wasn't feeling up to the task and ate the eggs as they were being laid. The female scolded him but then just gave in and ate some too. :) I'm sure they'll settle in and get their act together.

And a shot of all 78 fry in their new home:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/KJoFan/DSC08912.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to share a couple pics and say that Mike was a pleasure to deal with and I can't wait to grow these fry out and see how they look when they get older.

pinkertd
06-07-2008, 08:04 AM
More fish Karen! You are amazing!!! They are looking really really good. Keep us posted how they are doing.

KJoFan
06-07-2008, 08:24 AM
I really must be a glutton for punishment huh Debbi? But really, I had this tank going already, just moved some fish around/out. So...I didn't really add a lot more "work" in terms of tanks. Besides, when you have a whole room of them, what's one more? :)

Plus, I have some local hobbyists that want some of the fry. So I probably will be getting rid of around half of them in a few weeks. I'd like to get them a bit bigger before I let them go to anyone else.

I will definitely keep you updated!

seanyuki
06-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Karen

How big is that tank and thanks for sharing with us.?

Cheers
Francis

Condor
06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
They look great, Karen. That looks like one monster tank!

Adrian

dpt8
06-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Looks like these discus went to the right home !! Good work being able to accomodate all those fry !! David T

phidelt85
06-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Now that's what I call a re-homecoming. Your new pair know how to honeymoon :D

Midwest Discus
06-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow. Karen, I can't believe that pair spawned already. I actually had to remove 25 fry before shipping them. Their first spawn, they hatched out about 150 fry but since they are young and only their first attempt, only about 25 attached. Thanks again, it was a pleasure to deal with someone so nice.

KJoFan
06-08-2008, 03:15 PM
The tank the fry are in is a 125. I first thought it'd be too big for them when I saw just how small they were, but with their numbers, they fill it out nicely. They'll be ok in there for a little while.

I think one of my favorite things is growing out small ones and seeing how they look when they get older. It's exciting! :)

2075turner
06-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Hi Karen,

Your young ones look great! Good luck with them.

"I think one of my favorite things is growing out small ones and seeing how they look when they get older. It's exciting!"

This is exactly how I feel when I receive new little ones, true excitement on what they will become.

Thanks for sharing your pics of them, please post as they become bigger.

Take care, Evelyn:)