PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs. Celtics!!

Kindredspirit
06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_8_4.gif

Who is gonna win?? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_8_4.gif

gotfish?
06-15-2008, 11:13 PM
LAKERS!!....need...more...nachos...:D

tedsdiscus
06-16-2008, 01:11 AM
OMG, are you kidding ?? this is not a BB forum. But really, thanx for posting. LAKERS, LAKERS, LAKERS !!!

I'm actually just wishful thinking, and hoping.

Always been a Lakers fan and always WILL be.

I don't know how many customers are disappointed at me for not setting appointments these last few weeks for fish viewing because of Lakers' games.

GO LAKERS !!!

TAKE THE NEXT GAME IT'S 1 GAME BABY !!!!

ShinShin
06-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Being a Celtic fan sicne the 60's, I wish I had seen this thread sooner. Let's try and figure out how anyone could have thought the Lakers had a chance in this series.

1. Celtics had the best record in the NBA.
2. Celtics had the best road record in the NBA.
3. Celtics had the best defensive team in the NBA.
4. Celtics had the Defensive Player of the year.
5. Celtics have 3 bonefide superstars who play the "team" game better than any NBA team.
6. Celtics were 2-0 against the Lakers this year, hammering them on the Lakers home court.
7. Celtics have owned the Lakers in the playoffs prior to this year with an 8-2 record against them.
8. Lakers have Kobe Bryant.
9. The Lakers have nothing else.

As we all witnessed, the Lakers were beaten by a superior basketball team. They were beaten in all aspects of the game, even being outcoahed by one of the most overrated coach in the NBA. If Jackson hadn't had Jordan in Chicago, he'd not have won a single championship there. Had he not had Kobe AND Shaq, he'd have not won a championshp there, either. It's sad to think that Jackson actually had a chance to pass Red Auerbach for championships. Remember Wilt? Red outcoached and stuffed every Wilt lead team he faced.

This series was a no brainer.

Mat

Kindredspirit
06-23-2008, 08:39 AM
OMG, are you kidding ?? this is not a BB forum.

...and you are in "any topic section":D

Kindredspirit
06-23-2008, 08:41 AM
even being outcoahed by one of the most overrated coaches in the NBA.

Mat

Now how true is that?......!!! Was a good game wasn't it Mat? We had a blast watching it here!

ShinShin
06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Me too. ;)

Mat

Cosmo
06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Being a former Laker's seasons ticket holder who used to watch the Lakers kick Celtic butt back in the 80s, I was totally bummed to hear the Lakers lost :( Really bummed that I was on an airplane during the game and couldn't watch it :mad:

Figure the better team won though .. they usually do :)

Jim

tedsdiscus
06-27-2008, 06:54 PM
sob, crying, sob, crying. OK, now that I'm through crying, back to taking care of fishies.

Ted

Kindredspirit
06-27-2008, 07:08 PM
( Really bummed that I was on an airplane during the game and couldn't watch it :mad:

Jim

Jim, no tv on the plane? I would have asked ~ I am sure you did? Tell me you did? lol!

Steve_Warner
07-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi all,
Being a good bud of Coach Doc Rivers, I was cheering loudly for(and requested from him) the Celtics to whip up on that Laker bootie, which they did.....And, of course, I made the congratulatory phone call to him after they took the title. #24 needs to realize that he isn't, and will never be, #23 ;)

Steve

Kindredspirit
07-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Well how cool is that?:) A good buddy, huh? Was it hard to get through to him that day?

JeffreyRichard
07-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Being a former Laker's seasons ticket holder who used to watch the Lakers kick Celtic butt back in the 80s, I was totally bummed to hear the Lakers lost :( Really bummed that I was on an airplane during the game and couldn't watch it :mad:

Figure the better team won though .. they usually do :)

Jim

Are you kidding??? You must be old and losing your memory. OK, the Lakers won 2 of 3 series between the two teams (1985,87), but until that happened, the Lakers won exactly how many series with the Celtics ... oh, yeah, ZERO! I don't call losing two close-fought series a "butt kicking".

Oh course, the Lakers returned to fine form this past series with a pathetic NO-SHOW for the series.

Green Rules ...