PDA

View Full Version : white feces coming out of mouth?

namasgt
06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Hello
I have one juvie out of 7 that got sick, i mean she doesnt look bad but not eating, i noticed some white feces in the tank assuming its hers, i fed them today and they all ate exept her, she follows the otheres in the tank, and swim with them , i was just looking at her and all of a sudden this thing came out of her mouth, a white feces, is like it just spit it out or somting then after a few minutse she start hiting her lips togeter realy hard and fast and anothere small one came out, is like she vommited.

pcsb23
06-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I have never seen a discus do this. Perhaps the fish picked up some already expelled and decided it didn't like it so spat it out...:confused:

namasgt
06-21-2008, 03:04 AM
this juvie has not been eating for 3 days. i trow blood worms, california black worms and sat right in front of the tank, but she didnt touch any. and then while i was watching she spet out a big chunk out of her mouth it look exactly like when they get hex and they pass white feces. then again i kept watching and after few minutes another small chunk came out it was like she hit her lips together realy fast and hard, then this thing came out:(. so i dont think she ate it, cause shis not touching anything:(.!!!!!!
im really saden that she is not eating because i was doing 50% wc 3 times a day, but i got cought up with school writing reports, so i end up doing water change only one time a day, and then i noticed shis not eating. the tank is 29 G, BB, with a giant sponge filter there are 7 of them in there. i just added metro and raised temp to see what happens. i dont want her to go too long without food because its gona stunt her growth.

kaceyo
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I wonder if worms or internal flagellates might cause it to expell "stuff" oraly. Does the fish have a swollen stomach or is it's feces abnormal in any way?
Putting it in a hospital tank and treating with metro might get it's appitite back up but that's purely a guess.

Kacey

namasgt
06-21-2008, 01:34 PM
no her stomach is not swollen. the thing i saw coming out of her mouth was exactly what ive seen when they pass white feces. im thinkig maybe its bloked and its coming back out from the mouth?? i havent seen her poop yet.

LizStreithorst
06-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd follow Kacey's advice. I bet that a good metro treatment would get the problem sorted. First in the water, then when the fish starts eating, in the food. Keep an eye on the healthy ones, too.

aquagal
06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I purchased 6 juvenilles from a SD sponsor back in Feb and as soon as I put them into my QT tank from the shipping box, one of the fish spit up a white substance and then immediately died (it was very strange). When I asked the importer about it, he said he had never seen this before and had no idea what it was? I still don't know what it was or how to treat, but it sounds very similar to what you are describing?

Sherry

namasgt
06-24-2008, 03:59 PM
hello
she start eating on the 2nd day of metro treatment. now its day 5, she is eating alot. im giving her metro in the food once a day.
thanks

namasgt
06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
i just really want to know why that thing was coming out of the mouth?