PDA

View Full Version : Albino Platinum Discus

BOBT00LS
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello All. i am looking for some nice Albino Platinum Discus or as some may call them Albino Blue Diamonds. If you have some for sale or know of someone selling them, send me a message. Thanks to all in advance.

Bob

William Palumbo
06-27-2008, 10:01 PM
last I checked, Mike Beals of Central Ohio Discus had some for sale from his latest shipment from Jefferey Y...Bill

gotfish?
06-27-2008, 11:42 PM
can anyone post a picture or something on what they exactly look like as juvies and as adults?? ive seen a video, but they look more like albino snow whites

Wahter
06-28-2008, 12:34 AM
can anyone post a picture or something on what they exactly look like as juvies and as adults?? ive seen a video, but they look more like albino snow whites

I think these are some.

HTH,

Walter

gotfish?
06-28-2008, 02:31 AM
ive read somewhere that they turn out to be solid white discus. so what makes them diffrent from albino snow whites?? and will albino strains strive in planted tanks? since albinos dont have melanin in their skin, wouldnt the lighting specially on heavily planted tank be harmful??

dpt8
06-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Hey, Try Tony @ Sunrisetropicals. He has some pictured just like that. Also of course see what Kenny is bringing in with his future shipments. Utah Discus also..

gotfish?
07-04-2008, 02:10 AM
what exactly do you feed them to keep them white?? will color enhancers promote coloring?(knowing that they shouldnt have melanin to start with). and will lighting be bad for them since, again, they are albino?

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152520

the albino series are really intresting, since i cant put a finger on it. theres alot of strains like albino turq, red white, royal blue, etc.----dont you think it kinda beats the purpose of getting an albino fish with all those variety with colors?? IMO albinos should just be like a solid, pink eyed, colorless/white fish with out a faint of color, what do you guys think?

Rod
07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
what exactly do you feed them to keep them white?? will color enhancers promote coloring?(knowing that they shouldnt have melanin to start with). and will lighting be bad for them since, again, they are albino?

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152520

the albino series are really intresting, since i cant put a finger on it. theres alot of strains like albino turq, red white, royal blue, etc.----dont you think it kinda beats the purpose of getting an albino fish with all those variety with colors?? IMO albinos should just be like a solid, pink eyed, colorless/white fish with out a faint of color, what do you guys think?

It is true that a dictionary describes an albino just as you described, the discus we have in our tanks are not true albinos at all, in the bird world they might be called lutino's??....but fish people always call red pupil eyed fish as albino, whether they have other colors or not.

Lee C
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Even if you are an expert, albino fish can be a trick-bag. As long as you can obtain a verified discus strain that is at least 4 to 5 inches, your odds are improved of not having a substandard colorless discus.
I always wanted fish with more color, but some like the colorless with the pink eyes.....different strokes:D

regards,
Lee

stanlee
07-08-2008, 12:05 PM
granted albino platinium may be bd albinos, but why the shiny white colour when the fish is viewed?
I think the line should come from what makes the fish look platinium blueish in the first place before adding the albino gene.
my 2 cts worth.

BOBT00LS
07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I would like to thank you all for your direction. I have acquired 5 albino blue diamonds from Mike Beals of Central Ohio Discus and will post some pics in a few days.

Bob

dpt8
07-17-2008, 06:22 PM
I didn't realize Mike had this variety. He is a great guy !! David T

happyniu
07-19-2008, 04:32 PM
i have ordered from sunrise tropical several times. tony is really experienced and right now he is going on vacation and have a huge sale. i believed the pictured fish is called "snow white" at his store~~

go check it out~~