PDA

View Full Version : Temperature controller?????

sophie68
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi all,:), hope you had an happy 4th!

I had an Otto temperature controller for over a year and it was working fine but it is starting to do very weird things.:(:(:(...So I think it is time to replace it....I saw that a few of you have bought controllers too. What brands did you buy? I saw that Jehmco had quite a few. I need a controller into which I could plug 2 heaters. (2 X 250 watts). Thanks!!!!
Thanks for your help!!!!:)

Sophie

LizStreithorst
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I sure 'nuf wish I could find one to handle many heaters.

subcooler
07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
I work in HVAC field & have considerable experience with this controller offered by Jehmco:
ETCI-1R

I see it often used to control $$$$$$ worth of food in freezer/refridgerator applications.
I also have seen quite a few hobbyist using them for temp. control of thier tanks.
It's reasonably priced & available with a second outlet for $7.
It's the best controller out there IMHO
Best of luck with your fish,
Rob

sophie68
07-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks a lot Rob!:)

~Sophie~

-gb-
07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I use the "AquaController Jr" by Neptune Systems. I've had mine for about 3 years with no problems. It controls my 2 heaters, PH setup, 4 lights & alarms.

I love it!

-Graham

sophie68
07-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I work in HVAC field & have considerable experience with this controller offered by Jehmco:
ETCI-1R

I see it often used to control $$$$$$ worth of food in freezer/refridgerator applications.
I also have seen quite a few hobbyist using them for temp. control of thier tanks.
Rob

Rob,
Just one question: with the model you gave me, can you plug in 2 heaters or do I have to buy the model above to be able to plug 2 heaters? Thanks a lot!!!

~Sophie~

Darrell Ward
07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
ETCI-1R

Rob

I agree. They are made by Ranco. These things work flawlessly for years. I have 3 of them. You can't buy better at any price IMO. Just call John at Jehmco and tell him you need a dual controller to plug in 2 heaters. He'll hook you up.

sophie68
07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I agree. They are made by Ranco. These things work flawlessly for years. I have 3 of them. You can't buy better at any price IMO. Just call John at Jehmco and tell him you need a dual controller to plug in 2 heaters. He'll hook you up.

Cheers! I will do just that!!!!!

~Sophie~

alxjss
07-06-2008, 04:09 AM

I just bought two heaters and a temp controller from Jehmco. Very nice people and seems real good. Only had mine for a little over a wk and i tell u i am happy. But u must call them because they don't have all the controllers that r on their web page. But they r very nice and will hook u up for what u need!!!;)

Ardan
07-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I am using 2 of the etc1-1r from Jehmco for over a yr. (2 different tanks) I plug an outlet strip into it so I can run 2 heaters (on the same tank )
I am happy with how they keep the temp constant:)
No problems

Ardan

sophie68
07-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys for all the very useful feedback. You are the best!!! But, I already knew that!;)

Sophie