PDA

View Full Version : Baby Discus and one parent

Sportsnutim
07-06-2008, 12:56 AM
The baby discus are now 10 days old and doing well in our 29 gallon tank. We are feeding them baby brine shrimp with a turkey baster or just dropping it in the tank. We had to take the male discus out because they were fighting all the time. How long should we keep the female in the tank? When would be a good time for blood worms and beef heart? Thanks for the advice.:)

airbus123
07-06-2008, 05:21 AM
once the fries are of "fish" shape, i will start feeding bloodworms.

beef heart can start pretty early, maybe when they are about a "fat" tadpole size.

:)

Rod
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
You say the fry are already eating bbs?, then you can remove the female whenever you are ready, the fry certainly are ready to be removed.
The fry should be able to take finely shaved bh any day now, bw i'd wait a few more weeks yet!

Sportsnutim
07-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the reply's, the babies are swimming next to the single parent then away then back. It has been around 10 days since they wiggled away towards the parents. I have been feeding the fry 5-6 times a day bbs they seem to be eating it, it's hard to tell though. Need to make some more bh mixture. About 20-25 babies left since they started swimming. Any good bh recipes? :D

phidelt85
07-07-2008, 06:28 AM
If they have little orange bellies, it's safe to say they're eating the bbs. ;)