PDA

View Full Version : cardinals

alxjss
07-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Does anyone have a good supplier for cardinals? I want 30-50 of them. Only reliable, good sources, please:o
http://www.riverwonders.com/index.php?cPath=32
does anyone have experience w/these guys?

happyniu
07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
i live in LA. where riverwonder is located. i have been to their wearhouse and i was WOWed by them. i got my wild discus and some pleco with them along with 50 cardinals. they are importer/exporter that have 20,000 fish tanks and huge wearhouse. they are professional and have been in the biz for a long time. 1.10 each for a cardinal is a very good deal too. i have no problem with them and the fish i got from them

they just got a new shipment of the cardinals. i am going to pick up my 2nd order tomorrow~~~

hope this helps~~
ps. their plecos are pretty good too. not so much of the tank breed discus, but the wild alenquers they have pairs too~~ and mine are doing great~~

Ally. if you want, i can take some pictures of mine cardinals for you tomorrow so you can see.

alxjss
07-20-2008, 09:05 AM
i live in LA. where riverwonder is located. i have been to their wearhouse and i was WOWed by them. i got my wild discus and some pleco with them along with 50 cardinals. they are importer/exporter that have 20,000 fish tanks and huge wearhouse. they are professional and have been in the biz for a long time. 1.10 each for a cardinal is a very good deal too. i have no problem with them and the fish i got from them

they just got a new shipment of the cardinals. i am going to pick up my 2nd order tomorrow~~~

hope this helps~~
ps. their plecos are pretty good too. not so much of the tank breed discus, but the wild alenquers they have pairs too~~ and mine are doing great~~

Ally. if you want, i can take some pictures of mine cardinals for you tomorrow so you can see.

thank u for the info. yes, it helps alot. I will def check them out. Ur right, for 1.10 a pc is terriffic. Please post pics... How big r there cards?

happyniu
07-20-2008, 06:11 PM
here's some pix of the cardinals that i picked up today. i went to their wearhouse and picked up another 50 of them~ the ones i have previously is in discus tank and my discus got sick (not because of the cardinals of course... because my heater broke without me knowing it and the temp of the water drop so low they caught a cold..:o)so i can't take pictures right now...

the new batch i picked it about 1" for the largest ones. they are all still hiding right now, i will take more once they are settled down~~

sorry for the quality of the pictures... i am really not good at it..

bs6749
07-21-2008, 12:11 AM
alxjss, let me know if you want to do a group order if you decide to get some cardinals. I live near Kalamazoo, MI but I work at that GRR airport and could pick them up if you want to do an order together. I'd been kicking around the idea of trying to breed cardinals for awhile now so maybe I should give it a try.

Also, look at this link:http://www.tfdfish.com/ Under their special section they have cards for .60 each. I've been thinking about putting in an order with them for awhile but I think they have a minimum order amount. They do have a great selection though but I haven't heard anything about their quality.

alxjss
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
here's some pix of the cardinals that i picked up today. i went to their wearhouse and picked up another 50 of them~ the ones i have previously is in discus tank and my discus got sick (not because of the cardinals of course... because my heater broke without me knowing it and the temp of the water drop so low they caught a cold..:o)so i can't take pictures right now...

the new batch i picked it about 1" for the largest ones. they are all still hiding right now, i will take more once they are settled down~~

sorry for the quality of the pictures... i am really not good at it..
now those pics r good. i can see them. Look real nice. Have all survived? Any casualtiess? Thanks for the pics. I just order 50. Should get them tommorrow.

alxjss, let me know if you want to do a group order if you decide to get some cardinals. I live near Kalamazoo, MI but I work at that GRR airport and could pick them up if you want to do an order together. I'd been kicking around the idea of trying to breed cardinals for awhile now so maybe I should give it a try.

Also, look at this link:http://www.tfdfish.com/ Under their special section they have cards for .60 each. I've been thinking about putting in an order with them for awhile but I think they have a minimum order amount. They do have a great selection though but I haven't heard anything about their quality.

hi bs.... sorry, i already put an order in for 50. I plan on keeping all of them. I should've waited, could of saved on the shipping. Sorry:o

happyniu
07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
so far all of mine is alive and well. but i went to the wearhouse to pick up instead of have them shipped.. so i don't know if the shipping is going to be a factor. but they are doing really well which means that they were really healthy~~

good luck on yours~~~
Ally

alxjss
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
mine come tomorrow so hopefully i will post a positive feedback:bandana:

dpt8
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Any luck with the cardinals??

alxjss
07-23-2008, 10:45 PM
:mad:Nope! They died. That was an expensive investment down the drain. I recommend to buy locally.

bs6749
07-24-2008, 01:28 AM
:mad:Nope! They died. That was an expensive investment down the drain. I recommend to buy locally.

What happened? Were any of them alive upon arrival or all DOA? Did they refund anything?

alxjss
07-24-2008, 05:30 AM
I think they only guarantte live fish arrival. I haven't checked. I think the shipping really messed them up. I don't no exactly what happened. I acclimated them slowly about 2 hrs. They were very small. I probably won't get anything back altho i could call and find out.:angry: There were 9 dead when they arrived, but the next morning, gone, most of them. Now there were only 3 left. They will refund me for the 9 doa.

dpt8
07-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Sorry you lost all those cardinals.. They do seem very touchy in shipping.

phidelt85
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear that Eileen! You definitely want to try to get cardinals locally especially if they're small. Drip acclimate over a couple of hours or longer if you can to ease them into your water. I have lost a few cardinals in my time, but my last batch I got a smokin' deal from a LFS near me for 48 of them and I hadn't lost any of them since I got them. I started mine out in a 29gal BB and fed them strictly live BBS and they fattened up quickly. When I got them they were about 3/4" at the most and now are at least 1.5" and broad.

alxjss
07-25-2008, 05:10 AM
thanks Jose. I wish i would've been smarter, sure missed u bud. Glad ur back!!!