PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad Boyyyyy! sorry all..

brewmaster15
07-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi all,
Gotta apologize if you are one of those that have tried to reach me the last two weeks... :( I've been a BAD BOYYYYYY!:D:D:D:D been playing hookey from the forum...:) (hey I am only human you know!)

Summer time is my weakest time...most times of the year...I'm here daily....but in the summertime....... Kids are home from school....my wife is a teacher and also home from school... we do alot family time things here and there.... and the gardens call out to me and its camping and fishing season...

Past two weeks have been nice....spent a week at a friends house and then did some camping and yard work.... nothing long distance...just local trips...Its my time to recharge the batteries ....gets me ready for the fury of the winter season that will be here sooner than I would like.

So, sorry again, if you tried to reach me... I've just gone thru all my pms..and emails and replied....... I should be off sabatical for a bit....maybe.;):) then again..;)

anyhow, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.... We are trying to here...

take care,
Brew

Ed13
07-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Rest away man, you and yours deserve it!! :)

BTW, do you still have the chickens? lol

brewmaster15
07-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey Ed...

How are you doing!:) when you coming out this way again?

BTW, do you still have the chickens? lol yep...have 12 still but going to give a few away... just keep 4-6 ...the feeds getting way to expensive up here...doubled in the last year.:(

-al

Ed13
07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey Ed...

How are you doing!:) when you coming out this way again?
yep...have 12 still but going to give a few away... just keep 4-6 ...the feeds getting way to expensive up here...doubled in the last year.:(

-al
One of these days I'm getting on a plain a visiting casa de Brew!:)

BTW, the feed has also doubled here, my pops is growing a "pet chicken" (a weird one with white and long feathers and black skin underneath) one also that's why I asked.:D

ashaysathe
07-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Hello Master..

Long time no news.. Summer has been great thus far. Lot of cricket.. beaches, BBQ, yard work, playing with kids et al. Its been fun. Glad to hear you had fun too. We should meet.. been a while. People say I am lucky as I live close to you.. but I see you as much as they would.. seriously.. I will stop by in a few days.. lemme know..

Cheers
Ashay

tacks
07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Al glad too hear you are having a nice summer, its always good to have a break from work. Glad to also hear the chickens are doing well. take care the other Ed

dpt8
07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Ashay, Al is also my mentor Master !! Al, Great job with the rest and family !!! David T

GrillMaster
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Summer time is my weakest time...most times of the year...I'm here daily....but in the summertime....... Kids are home from school....my wife is a teacher and also home from school... we do alot family time things here and there.... and the gardens call out to me and its camping and fishing season...

Gotta love summer!! :D :D :D

Discus-Hans
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey Al,

plain BS.....recharge the batteries ...... these days we don't recharge, just trow the old ones way and put a new one in (probably even cheaper with those BGE bills these days)

Have fun BTW........did you know I won't ship your Discus......you've to pick them up to get them :angel:

Hans

Discus-Hans
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
just keep 4-6 ...the feeds getting way to expensive up here...doubled in the last year.:(
-al

Breed more fish and feed them that lol lol

My father loved eggs with a fishy taste lol

Hans

Darren's Discus
07-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Phheeew ! We all thought you had given up Discus ! I was about to take control of the forum and rule the Discus world!! ba haha :D:D:D Glad to hear you had a great couple of weeks.

cheers

Apistomaster
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey Al,
You should give Annual Killiefish a try. I took a long break(~8 years) away from the demands of Discus keeping and breeding and went with just the annual Killiefish. With their long incubation periods of 3 to 6 months, it allowed me to all but quit caring for fish and then when my Summers of non-stop fly fishing would come to an end, all I had to do is begin pulling out bags of peat moss containing eggs, wet them and within hours I could have a dozen different species of Klliefish fry ready for bbs. Now that is hard to beat if you ever want a longer hiatus from discus and "normal" fish. Almost all Annual Killies are over the hill at 9 months of age so it was a pretty slick fish operation. Killies need frequent water changes but instead of 40 to 200 gallon tanks discus breeding requires, Killies can be raised using a combination of plastic shoe boxes, plastic sweater boxes and some 20 long grow out tanks.
They may be small, but many Killiefish species have colors even discus are hard pressed to rival.