PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure ?

johnett
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I have a 55 gal tank and 5 discus 3 adults and 2 juvies. My Golden Albino is either being mean/bully or is staking out her end for eggs I think. She is guarding the airbubbles and will not let any of the others near those bubbles. She will chase them if they even move from the other end of the tank If she even sees them move she darts down there and nips or bites and sometimes hitting them hard in the side. Sometimes she will let the BD male (I think is what was told to me it was) which is about 5 1/2 inches come close to the bubbles. I see nothing in there. Could she be getting ready to lay eggs?

My water is
PH 6.0
nitrites 0
amon 0
nitrates .5
Temp 85
I change water everyday.

AADiscus
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds like she is guarding her area because she will be spawning soon. You will notice that she will start pecking on around the area also, cleaning it for the eggs.

johnett
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I think you are right I seen her shaking tonight and she will chase the male back to her corner now. She is still chasing the others if she sees them move. It is like she is a shark and the the theme song off of shark and every fish swims to the top corner :scared: to get out of her way.