PDA

View Full Version : Blue diamond x Cobalt Blue?

OIF03VET
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I have a cobalt blue, a blue diamond and an albino blue diamond, I am planning on getting another bd or two. My plan is to put them in a tank and hope to get a pair. Would any of these crosses be undesireable?

Rod
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
blue diamond cross albino blue diamond will give you all blue diamonds but will carry the albino gene. Nice and straight forward!

bd x cobalt will give you all blues but no blue diamonds in the f1. If you use the abd they will all be carriers of the gene for bd as well as the gene for albino. Potentially some great fish, a lot of work and sorting required and more generations.

HTH

Rod

OIF03VET
08-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks Rod, I have read quite a few of your postings and trust your advice. I will put the group together and hopefully in a couple months will have something good to report.

CARY_GLdiscus
08-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Iagree100%

Northwestcoastdisc
08-07-2008, 10:04 AM
if you want to cross breed the cobalt has nice red eyes and blue diamond. the offspring would be get more blue color and nice red eyes. It s upgrade blue color with red eyes diamond are nice fish than old the blue diamond. the offspring would not 100 percent blue diamond.

i agreed with rod said that.

hth
Duncan