PDA

View Full Version : discus growth

JodyF
08-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi all

I am new to discus keeping and thanks to this site all is well and I am really enjoying my fish.
One question, I have six 3 inch discus and I was wondering how long they will take to get to full size( adults).
All fish are in good health and are feeding well I feed then a mixed diet of frozen bloodworm, shrimp brine, quality flake and sinking food.
I know it probably depends on alot of other factors as well but a rough time span would be helpfull.
Thanks
Jody

DiscusOnly
08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
If they are 3" juvie, they should get to 5"+ in 4-6 months.

ashaysathe
08-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Do not mean to dispute but my observation is no 2 fish in the same tank under the same regime grow at the same rate. Just focus on water changes and good quality food and let the nature do its things.
I can tell you this that I have obtained an inch growth a month on some juvie I have and some in the same tank with growth of half inch or less a month..
Bottom line don't expect to have all 5 inch discus 3 months from today..Enjoy the fish...

CARY_GLdiscus
08-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I agree with Ashay

MSD
08-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Cary, what diet do you use for growing discus? I know from reading your posts in the past you contend they can grow on any good diet, and I agree, but I still want to know what you feed 3" and 6" as their diet. Thanks man...