PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Eheim 2028

Riche_guy
08-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi I just cleaned my filter and I'm trying to get it going again. When I attach the tubes water and air comes in and then water starts to squirt out the sides. I took it apart, removed the seal and greased it. Closed the lid and tried again. Water again came out the side with the pressure. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if this Is informing, but when I press the pump it seems hard to press down.

Thanks.

MSD
08-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Check the basket alignment of course, and make sure you have the rubber gaskets between the media baskets seated properly. I also notice if you over grease the canister gasket it'll leak between the pumphead and the canister. Did you lock the hose attachment at the canister head tight? Put the flow indicater in properly?

Riche_guy
08-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Today I went to get a new gasket. I realize that it was twice as thick. It would seem that with a couple of years that go by it gets squished or shrinks. It seems to be working. :):):):)

Thanks for your help.

MSD
08-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear its fixed, If I had know it was a couple of years for the canister gasket I'd have told you to change it first. :D

Riche_guy
08-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear its fixed, If I had know it was a couple of years for the canister gasket I'd have told you to change it first. :D

I guess a few years is the life of theses gaskets??

MSD
08-21-2008, 11:05 AM
The leak is a dead giveaway. :D I buy spares of all the replaceable stuff on the Ehiems.

Riche_guy
08-21-2008, 04:28 PM
The leak is a dead giveaway. :D I buy spares of all the replaceable stuff on the Ehiems.

I bought it at Big Als Canadian store for $26. They aren't cheap!!

Apistomaster
08-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I bought it at Big Als Canadian store for $26. They aren't cheap!!

Hey Riche_guy, at least it's an Eheim.

Riche_guy
08-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey Riche_guy, at least it's an Eheim.

Oh ya!!. Actually I have an XP3 also and I'm really happy with it also. So far no problem with it.