PDA

View Full Version : Pics for my California Friend

Lee C
08-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Marie,
Pics are fresh off the cybershot:p
Discus pic is my Gold Melon I entered at the ACA in Hotlanta this year.:)
Lee:angel:

Lee C
08-27-2008, 06:26 PM
A few more fresh pics for my good friend!:D

PS:
The discus is named "Lawrence" born and bred in my fishroom in Lawrenceville, Georgia.

Kindredspirit
08-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Pics are fresh off the cybershot:p

And just for me:D

( Okay, I'll share )

Discus pic is my Gold Melon I entered at the ACA in Hotlanta this year.:)

His shape is incredible, Lee! He must be huge, yes?

Kindredspirit
08-28-2008, 07:27 AM
The Leluipis are awesome! Are they babies? I am going to check them out in our lfs, although I have never really seen them, nor have I looked! From my Front breeder, they were $50 each, Lee!! Although I got them for $35 ea.

I love these fish! Your Tropheus look nice too ~ that is what that one pic is right?

Lawrence is precious, Lee! You are quite the expert, yes?

Well, when you come to Cali, you can teach me all you know..... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif

Lee C
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
The Leluipis are awesome! Are they babies? I am going to check them out in our lfs, although I have never really seen them, nor have I looked! From my Front breeder, they were $50 each, Lee!! Although I got them for $35 ea.

I love these fish! Your Tropheus look nice too ~ that is what that one pic is right?

Lawrence is precious, Lee! You are quite the expert, yes?

Well, when you come to Cali, you can teach me all you know..... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif

Julie Black Zaire and T. duboisi....not sure if I am an expert, working on it!@!
Try to visit in the near future if OK.

Kindredspirit
08-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Try to visit in the near future if OK.

Oh Yes.:D

Ryan
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I wish I could adopt Lawrence, or several just like him. :D

Lee C
08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I wish I could adopt Lawrence, or several just like him. :D

Ryan,
Lawrence is "One of a kind" and best demeanor of any discus I have tanked(like a pet puppy). Should have kept more from the spawn....all you need to do is call my buddy Hans and he can send you a Fire Red and Silver...cross breed them and feed heavy LOL. My breeding days of discus may re-energize one day. At one time I housed hundreds, now only 11.:)
Lawrence baby pic:D

regards,

Kindredspirit
08-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Lee I was at the lfs today, and there were selling Tropheus, the black ones with white dots, for $20 each!!!

One for $20! And he told me that that was cheap!

Ed13
08-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Lee I was at the lfs today, and there were selling Tropheus, the black ones with white dots, for $20 each!!!

One for $20! And he told me that that was cheap!
Tropheus duboisi go for $35 or more here. ;)BTW, they loose the spots as they grow

Love the pics Lee

Kindredspirit
08-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow. They turn all black, Ed? I like the spots!

Ed13
08-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow. They turn all black, Ed? I like the spots!
Not all black in this species, although there is an all black variant in the tropheus family and then some other tropheus are almost entirely black. As adults Duboisis develop a blue face with a band in the body, thin or thick, white to yellow depending on variant/location. But they are born with a jet black body with many white spots around its body.

HTH, Marie:)

Lee C
08-30-2008, 02:23 PM
These should attain a dark purple head w/Black . These are young but you can see the dominant male in the 10 pack.
regards,
Lee:angel::wave: