PDA

View Full Version : leak in 150 gallon

tacks
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I have seen were people get a leak in there tank and lose everything well I had the leak part but got home in time to get some water out and put as manyfish as I could in a trash container. I have a filter on the container and hope the discus make it. I had a hard time finding the wilds as they were in the plants so I hope they make it. Lost about 90 gallons on the floor what a mess. I will have to get another tank andget back in the game. Ed

scolley
09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Ed, that is a bummer! Sorry to hear it. But I am happy to hear that you are not going to let this get you down.

I can tell you first hand that discus and plants can do quite well for many months in a trash can - if you do it right. Heck, mine were spawning in a trash can after my 75g popped. Somehow having trash cans of fish in the house had something to do with my wife allowing a 180g to replace it.

Hopefully this will work out as well for you! ;-)

susantroy1
09-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Man Ed that stinks!!:mad:

Hope you can get all the water up. Please tell us you had all Tile floors:angel: good thing about Florida SLABS:) Good luck bro hope all turns out and you can get that fixed.

All The Best

Troy

Dkarc@Aol.com
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Where at in FL are you?? I have a good friend of mine who deals with used aquarium equipment for a living. He can probably help you out and get you a replacement for a good deal.

-Ryan

tacks
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the repleys guys. The tank was only 8 mons. old so the lfs is get me a new one at no charge. That was good news. The fish are in a plastic 45 gallon can. I have 2 filter running. I was told not to feed them, what do you think about that? Hope to have new tank by Sat. Thanks again Ed

katt-ja
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
i wonder how often tanks break.... i really hope that never happens to me.

good luck with your fish in the container!

susantroy1
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the repleys guys. The tank was only 8 mons. old so the lfs is get me a new one at no charge. That was good news. The fish are in a plastic 45 gallon can. I have 2 filter running. I was told not to feed them, what do you think about that? Hope to have new tank by Sat. Thanks again Ed

If you have good filtration on em I'd say feed lightly after they have settled. Hope all goes well for you and Saturday is the latest you will have to wait.

All the Best Bro.

Troy

Discus-Hans
09-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Ed, those things always stink.

Those things were insured back in Holland in your house insurance IF IF you put your tank on at least 1/2" styrofoam I don't see anybody doing this here in the USA. I got all my tanks on styro, it balance the tank in small differences. A grain of sand will come trough your bottom, can take a week, a year, 2 year but it will crack your tank. With a 1/2" styro you solve this problem

Good luck in setting everything up again,

Hans

Valik
09-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Ed, those things always stink.

Those things were insured back in Holland in your house insurance IF IF you put your tank on at least 1/2" styrofoam I don't see anybody doing this here in the USA. I got all my tanks on styro, it balance the tank in small differences. A grain of sand will come trough your bottom, can take a week, a year, 2 year but it will crack your tank. With a 1/2" styro you solve this problem

Good luck in setting everything up again,

Hans

I haven't heard of this one but it interests me. So you buy a 1/2" styrofoam mat and just place it between the tank and stand?

Matt

korbi_doc
09-11-2008, 09:20 AM
:D Love that styrooam....In NJ, my tanks were all on styro exc for 1, that had been setup for 15 yrs, afraid to move it....now, here in Tn, as I set up the fishroom, all tanks are on styro, & have styro on the backs as well...have a new very heavy duty metal gorilla type tank setup that holds 3800# /shelf...never get near that figure, lol....

Dottie ;)