PDA

View Full Version : Stormy weather!

jeep
09-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Here in the Mid-West, we've been getting pounded by weather front after weather front for weeks now. A friend took this photo of a tornado on his way home Friday night!

Awsome!

oodi
09-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Holey Moley! That's a scary sight!

Judi
:)

AADiscus
09-15-2008, 02:59 PM
That is scary. Tornado's are so fascinating but yet so dangerous. Hopefully he was out of harms way when he took this picture. We got alot of rain and wind from the hurricane but no tornado's like that.

brewmaster15
09-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Brave Friend.....I'd be half way to timbuctwo before I even thought of taking a photo!:)

Hope it didn't beat your friend home !

-al

Darren's Discus
09-15-2008, 08:50 PM
great picture,thank's for sharing.

cheers

GrillMaster
09-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Awsome pic!!

My wife an I use to purposely chase down thunderstorms in the summer when we lived down in Texas. If we got tornado watches flashing across the tv screen I would turn the weather channel on, look at the radar, then we would go for a drive...:D

I have only seen a funnel cloud though that never materialized. Been thru some wicked hail though!!

Tropical Haven
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I love tornado's and that is a great picture, if I could get someone to pay me to be a tornado chaser I would leave my job and do it in a heart beat.

AADiscus
09-17-2008, 07:52 PM
People in Oklahoma are crazy. Anytime it storms and they tornado.....the kids go to the bathroom while mom and dad go to the street to see if we can see it. lol It's true!

jeep
09-18-2008, 08:41 AM
That is scary. Tornado's are so fascinating but yet so dangerous. Hopefully he was out of harms way when he took this picture. We got alot of rain and wind from the hurricane but no tornado's like that.

lol... If I know him he probably pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the right photo moment :bandana: