PDA

View Full Version : Jumping fish

Riche_guy
09-16-2008, 11:50 AM
It was bedtime and all the lights on my tanks were off using an automatic timer except for a small tank the I had babies. I walked into the office where I keep the baby tank and a 30 gallon tank that I keep a pair of Silver Discus, it was dark and I heard water splashing and then a thump. My heart stopped. I knew what that sound was and I hurried to turn on the light. I saw the female silver on the floor jumping around. I tried to to pick her up and she started to jump, down she went again. I waited for her to stop. I pick her up once more and dropped her back into the tank. The funny thing was that the cover was closed and openings were also shut. She had managed to push up the plastic piece connected to the glass top that has cut outs for the airline tubing. wow what was the chance that she pushed through a plastic piece 2 inches wide. The next day she was eating again as if nothing happened. :angel::angel:

AADiscus
09-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Thats good that she is doing ok. I have had that happen before, it is scary.

Crstfr
09-16-2008, 02:48 PM
glad to hear your fish is ok... i've had my SAE, flounder, ghost shrimp.. lol.. all jump!... one SAE i found month's later... he was crispy and full of dog hair~ :o

target
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
glad to hear your fish is ok... i've had my SAE, flounder, ghost shrimp.. lol.. all jump!... one SAE i found month's later... he was crispy and full of dog hair~ :o

Had that happen with both a Bala shark, and a rainbow shark. Both got out of the tank without me noticing, only to be found a long time later mummified and covered in fluff. Weird.

digthemlows
09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Had that happen with both a Bala shark, and a rainbow shark. Both got out of the tank without me noticing, only to be found a long time later mummified and covered in fluff. Weird.

Carpet Jerky!

I lost my Alenquer this way, went away for 3 days and when I returned I found him dried up and black. It was sad.......bad way to go!

White Worm
09-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Discus will jump out. I just didnt find mine till it was too late. Came home to a dried up discus on the carpet.

1Chuck9669
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I had a pigeon jump out while I was sitting at my desk. Something sounded different, so I investigated. Poor fish landed in a glass tub I used to hatch my angelfish in. Put it back and now it is the biggest of the group it came with.

happygirl65
09-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Wow. lucky you were right there! Maybe I should put that black strip on the back of the glass afterall.... :(

Riche_guy
09-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow. lucky you were right there! Maybe I should put that black strip on the back of the glass afterall.... :(

Make sure it is nice and tight, mine was able to push it up as she plunged for the floor!!!

happygirl65
09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
YIKES! That is scary...

Crstfr
09-18-2008, 10:34 AM
what was funny, when my flounder jumped, i was coming downstairs.. cause i heard my son yelling.... so i come down and turn the corner i see both my 4 yr old son and cat sitting over the flounder watching it moved covered in dog/cat hair.

i picked him back up and tossed him in, but to see both those guys standing over that flounder had me laughing..the cat didnt know what to think...lol.i dont think my son did either..lol

Riche_guy
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
what was funny, when my flounder jumped, i was coming downstairs.. cause i heard my son yelling.... so i come down and turn the corner i see both my 4 yr old son and cat sitting over the flounder watching it moved covered in dog/cat hair.

i picked him back up and tossed him in, but to see both those guys standing over that flounder had me laughing..the cat didnt know what to think...lol.i dont think my son did either..lol

Fish was fine???

marielou20
09-18-2008, 07:56 PM

It was a real luck for my wallet that he was there because I bought that silver (riche_guy is keeping it for me) and she cost me a lot of money!!!!;););)