PDA

View Full Version : it's all your fault!! :)

Fishworm
09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
well... now that I have some discus again, and y'all have polluted my mind with dreams and images of even more fish:p I am thinking of kicking my Petrochromis and Tropheus out of their happy home, and using that 125 for a wild discus setup. :)

it's all your fault!! :D :D :D

I would love to set up the tank with a nice mix of blues and greens and browns and heckles, or maybe go with a 100% heckle setup, or 100% wild blues. I just dont know...too many choices! :)

that tank would look great with a bunch of really branchy driftwood, a tiny bit of sand on the bottom, and maybe a plant or two.

so, when do wild discus start coming in? gotta figure out where to toss these africans and get the tank ready. what kind of fish do y'all think I should go with? I like them all. :)

plecocicho
09-17-2008, 10:01 AM
The best thing is to have a large (by large i mean more than six) gropu of only one species (either all green, all heckel or all blue/brown). Mix it with rummynose, cardinal tetra, corydoras sterbai and some lorricarids like common bristlenose.

Fishworm
09-17-2008, 10:24 AM
if I had a bigger tank, I would love to throw in some altum angels too. but i'll stick with discus for now.

first thing I have to do is buy a bigger RO unit. mine is rated at 50GPD, but barely does 20. that's not going to work with having to change the water in 2 big tanks.

hmmm...a school of 10 heckels, with a few dozen rummynose would look great. but I kinda like the wild blues better.

need more tanks!

Esquire
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Heckles

<<<<<<<<<<{{{{{{

Pictures and setup step by step thread so that I can copy!
:)

Fishworm
09-17-2008, 02:23 PM
hehehe

looks like I am leaning more twoards heckles. seems they really start showing up around the end of the month so I have a little bit of time to get rid of the current residents, get a new RO/DI unit, and get the tank set up.

and the most importiant, save some cash! selling the tropheus and petros might give me enough cash for the RO unit, but i'll have to find a good bank to rob to afford the new discus. :)

anyone know of a good place where I can get big, really branchy pieces of driftwood that dont cost an arm and a leg?

Esquire
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Funny, I see your in Mo.

St Louis here, lived in springfield for a yr, 30 yrs ago.

Where you getting your Heckels from if you go that way?

Fishworm
09-17-2008, 08:26 PM
not sure where I am getting them from. I'll keep checking the sponsors here to see if they get any in, or I might just order from sunrise tropicals again. it depends on who has the best fish for the lowest price. :)

Valik
09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Heckles are so awesome. I also want to get a wild discus setup going here in the near future. I'm thinking 8 with 4 blues and 4 heckles. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Matt