PDA

View Full Version : Stock question

plecocicho
09-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi, i have a 110 liters planted aquarium (80x30x45), filerded by eheim external filter with two discus, three ancistrus sp and a doradid. I changfe aproximatelly 50% of tank water. I had three discus, but two of them became a pair and bothered the third one, so i sold it. The pair laid eggs three times but ate the eggs. Now i observe that the male is chasing female and picking her (she is also smaller than male). I can either a) purchase two more discus, but will had to upgrade my filter and four discus in such s small aqurium will be a bit owercrowded. Or b) i sell zthe female and keep only one discus. The c solution, which would be the finest, namely buying a bigger aquarium is not possible within near future. What is your opinion?

Tropical Haven
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
What I would do is keep the pair in that tank by themselves. Don't split a pair and sell the female, if you did then that one discus that you have left wouldn't do as well because he would be by himself. You can't but other discus and place them in the same tank because you may introduce diseases to your original discus, you would need to QT them in a seperate tank for 6 weeks.