PDA

View Full Version : Loner in tank

DonMD
09-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I have a beautiful new (3 weeks now) snake that I brought home with another turq, (both from a professional breeder) they joined 5 other discus in a 90g tank. It's a very established tank, about 3 years along. Everyone is fine, I've got two pair that seem to be defending territory. But my new snake is VERY timid, and hardly eats anything, and is afraid of the other fish.

So, I'm concerned that it will weaken and get sick. Any suggestions?

Thanks! -Don in Virginia

back 2 discus biz
09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Don,

I've read that when new fish are added the structure (rocks, plants, etc.) should be rearraged to take away established territory from the established fish. This might give your guy a chance to stake a claim somewhere.

Good luck!

Paul

Crstfr
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a beautiful new (3 weeks now) snake that I brought home with another turq, (both from a professional breeder) they joined 5 other discus in a 90g tank. It's a very established tank, about 3 years along. Everyone is fine, I've got two pair that seem to be defending territory. But my new snake is VERY timid, and hardly eats anything, and is afraid of the other fish.

So, I'm concerned that it will weaken and get sick. Any suggestions?

Thanks! -Don in Virginia

i'm in the same boat~.. introduce 3 fish, 2 first, then one two days later. The first 2 are chased by the blue Turquoise.. they hardly eat and are very timid... always hiding. if not hiding .. getting chased.. but i'm trying to save to add to my school.. i only have 3 and i think thats the issue

good luck