PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO LEAVE THE HOBBY

annieb
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I visited with Kenny Chueng in San Francisco about a year and a half ago and bought 4 beautiful Tony Tan bred Red Spotted’s that were about a year old. We agreed on the sexing and they both eventually paired off and spawned for me.
While I was there I saw a magnificent breeding pair that I wanted to buy from Kenny. It was a nice looking Red Scarlet male mated to an awesome Pearl Pigeon female that was a Tony Tan second place finisher in a show in Malaysia. Kenny told me that the pair was sold but he had bred them one time and selected ten of their fry to grow out. The fry were about nickel size and after begging and groveling, he agreed to sell the fry to me.
Now it’s about 18 months later and I have five of those original ten that grew out for me,. And in my opinion, that are gorgeous. For some reason two of the males paired with red females and spawned but no hatches yet. I also have one breeding pair of those red spotted’s and some 9 month juvi’s from them that I’m growing out.
I’m in the process of moving and it’s time to close the book on breeding Discus for me.If anyone is interested in buying them, get back to me for more details. My preference would be to have them picked up. I live in Sacramento but I will ship.
Discus Inventory.
5 eighteen month old Pearl Pigeons Two of them paired of with Red Passions
1 breeding pair of Red Spotted’s
12 nine month old Red Spotted juvi’s from the pair of Red spotted’s
3 seventeen month old Red Snakeskins
1 excellent 100 gallon per day Ro Unit in like new condition
The first pic was taken by Kenny. It's the pair and the spawn that my 5 Pearls came from. More Pics to follow after I see how this one posts.
Annie
P.S The Pearl Pidgeons are absolutley clean!!!

discus-mike
09-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi, Annie thats quite a collection my qwuestion is how much will you be asking for the pair pearl pigeon / red passion and also the pair red spotted"s

digthemlows
09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm in Sacramento PM me with some prices and details I may be interested

Doug

annieb
09-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Mike. Where are you located? I'd take $150 for the Red Spotted breeding pair and I'd throw in 12 of their 9 month old juvi off spring (a few are almost full body colored) for $150 more.
I'd take $150 for a pair of Pearl Pidgeons x Red Passions. I have two pairs that both spawned a couple of times but no hatch hatch. I stopped using RO water and that might be the reason why.
Annie

discus-mike
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi, Annie i leave in 8671 SW loop 410 #132 ,san antonio,TX 78242.Im interested only on the spotted breeding pair can you find out how much will the shipping be to the city aboveThanks Annie

annieb
09-23-2008, 09:59 PM
The shipping will be about $70 using UPS arrival after 3PM next day air. That's a 6 pound box. I might be able to get the weight down a bit to about $60.
Figure on $220 or a little less.

tennisball
09-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi annie
i'm interested in your proven pair
let me know when where and a good time to come by i live in san jose!

thanks

just pm me

Jstuver
09-23-2008, 11:48 PM
PM sent

digthemlows
09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm going to pull my interest for now, just found out I have some unexpected expenses............beautiful fish!!

Jstuver
09-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Another PM sent