View Full Version : Selling Entire Discus Tank

luminary88
09-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't have the time or money anymore. When I do, I'll probably upgrade and get the discus from a sponsor on here. These discus are from Aquafish World in North Jersey.

45 gallon All glass tank and matching stand.

Penguin Dual Bio-Wheel filter (up to 75 gallon) (great biological...never had problem).

Current USA Nova Extreme DUAL T5HO light. It has a two brand new bulbs. I just got this unit 4 weeks ago. It has a pink T5HO that came with it and a 10,000K bulb. I still have it which was only use one day because I put in a Hagen 18,000K bulb which is also brand new.

Perfecto DUAL Light. It has the All Glass 6,500 K which is actually a Pink bulb (VERY bright and brand new.) And a Color max bulb. ALL BULBS ARE LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLD.

200W Stealth Heater (Also brand new). As a matter of fact, everything except the tank, stand, and filter are less than 3 months old.

Real plants. Amazon sword and some others I don't know the names. Driftwood. pool sand. some rocks...

There are 6 Discus: 2 Mosaic Turqouise 5" (round), 1 Golden Red Albino 4"(Beautiful!), 1 Blue diamond 5", 1 red melon (very round, no peppering at all) 5", and 1 Leopard Snakeskin that 3.5" and stunted due to a parasite that it had when I got him. Didn't have the heart to through him away. Although he is still growing. I've had these discus for almost a year and got them from Aquarium Fishworld in North Jersey. I've never had any outbreak of disease due to my stringent cleaning. Water changes weekly, etc.

There are also a school of Wild Cardinal (17 large to extra large), 1 clown loach about 2-3 inches, 3 Julie catfish, 1 albino bushynose pleco, 1 regular bushynose, 4-5 otto catfish.

I have many extras to throw in including a large siphon, Marc Weiss Keta Peat nuggets, Marc Weiss Organic Garlic Plus (AWESOME), some PhosBan, and a lot of other stuff...MORE BULBS.

The first few picks are from last month when I was able to properly take care of the tank. The last is what it looks like now...I've never had an algae outbreak til recently so the water is cloudy. I think the water company just added a bunch of Phosphates to the tap water. I'm not inclined to try and rid it since I want to sell. The plants can easily be salvaged but don't look their best right now.

I WILL ONLY SELL ALL THE DISCUS AND LIVESTOCK TOGETHER, OR ALL HARDWARE TOGETHER, OR THE WHOLE SETUP TOGETHER.

DISCUS AND OTHER FISH: $300 FIRM
ALL HARDWARE (including plants, driftwood, etc.): $300 FIRM
BOTH TOGETHER: $550

I can help carry some stuff but please come prepared with someone to help and any method you wish to transport the fish. Pickup only. I live in Deptford NJ.

My camera is terrible along with my picture taking!!!

Oh...and the mosaic is a proven female that has laid eggs. The blue diamond is a proven male that did fertilize. I have pics. Of course, they didn't last long in the tank.