PDA

View Full Version : q's for hans!!!!!!!!!

aztecdiscus
09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
hi i would like to ask hans about his water parameters for breeding pairs,
i currentlyhave my wp at;
ph 6.5
gh 50mpp
temp 85+
i would be really thankful if u help me with this.......THANKS:angel:

Discus-Hans
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
At this moment our pairs are on
Ph between 7 and 7.5
microsymens: 300
Temp: 84
Gh + Kh no idea we never test.

A change in the weather (Low depression) and they spawn every were.

Your pm are great for breeding,

Hans

G550
09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
mine have bread everytime with cold water change of about 5 degrees differance. dont change water for a few days and then hit with cold water. this gets mine to spawn but so far mine only make it to wigglers and then they are consumed when they start coming off the walls parents get nervous, but each htime is farther than the last. im no pro, just works for my fish.:angel:

aztecdiscus
10-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I try that already but nothing happens so i try couple of things but nothing happen, someone told me that if i use only ro water they will breed ,,,i did that and booommmmmmmm! nothing happen but i will still trying also thanks hans for share with me and with the forum ....also one more question what is microsymens and how u control that.i never did that due that i dont know whats that.

discus-mike
10-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Mine just lay eggs today,and it was very exciting now i have to wait and see if they make it to the wiggler stage ,but my PH is between 6.0 - 6.4.... Temp at 85 .I will update you on the wigglers ,and if everthing goes will that will let you know what ph and temp yours will breed,Thank you Mike

Discus-Hans
10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I try that already but nothing happens so i try couple of things but nothing happen, someone told me that if i use only ro water they will breed ,,,i did that and booommmmmmmm! nothing happen but i will still trying also thanks hans for share with me and with the forum ....also one more question what is microsymens and how u control that.i never did that due that i dont know whats that.

It's a kind of PPM, how to say easy??? total desolved stuff in your water, pure RO water has microsymens 0 to 1.

Mine just lay eggs today,and it was very exciting now i have to wait and see if they make it to the wiggler stage ,but my PH is between 6.0 - 6.4.... Temp at 85 .I will update you on the wigglers ,and if everthing goes will that will let you know what ph and temp yours will breed,Thank you Mike

The Ph is not too important to let them spawn. Only to produce slime, mucus, what ever you call it to feed the fry, the mucus seems to develop best by a Ph5.8 to 6.5 but at the moment we've fry feeding from the parents by Ph7.3.
Discus pairs (are you sure you've a pair??? or at least a female???) all get crazy by a weather change, the day before it start raining here they all go crazy. If you do the cold water trick at that moment (like it's raining) they all go nuts.
If your Discus are not in the "mood" yet, you can trow as much cold water in as you want but it doesn' make them spawn.

mine have bread everytime with cold water change of about 5 degrees differance. dont change water for a few days and then hit with cold water. this gets mine to spawn but so far mine only make it to wigglers and then they are consumed when they start coming off the walls parents get nervous, but each htime is farther than the last. im no pro, just works for my fish.:angel:

Discus pairs (are you sure you've a pair??? or at least a female??? Aztec) all get crazy by a weather change, the day before it start raining here they all go wild. If you do the cold water trick at that moment (like it's raining) they all go nuts.
If your Discus are not in the "mood" yet, you can trow as much cold water in as you want but it doesn' make them spawn.

Hans

aztecdiscus
10-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Now my last q's for u hans how do u work with the microsymens like how do u get the the number of microsymens that u want, in other words how do u lower or rise it?

Discus-Hans
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM
You can lower it with RO water.

RO water is say 0
Tap water is say 400

You mix the 2 till you've the Ms that you want.

I keep the pairs here in tap water, Stendker Discus spawn in ALL types of water lol

Hans

aztecdiscus
10-05-2008, 06:16 PM
ok great hoppefully i will set my small fish room and i will buy couple youngs from u hans i love ur fire reds, silver pigeons,and blue pigeons