PDA

View Full Version : what books are a must have?

Fishworm
09-29-2008, 12:56 AM
I want to set up a decent discus library and I need suggestions on what books are a must have.

I already have Degen's discus book, Schmidt-Focke's discus book, and Blehers discus. what else should I be looking to get?

Tom Meaden
09-29-2008, 02:47 AM
The Naked Truth by Dr Andrew Soh is an excellent addition to have along with Discus Health, Penang Discus.All informative as appose to nice to look at.

MSD
09-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Asian discus #2 is interesting and has lots of photos.

dpt8
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Best resource is right here on Simply.. Some books I have seen contradict what we try to do or their methods are outdated. I have the Wattely book. Nice pics and good survey of people that were raising discus at the time, 10 years or so ago.

ShinShin
09-30-2008, 11:52 PM
dpt8,

You never see any contradictions here, do ya? ;)

I've seen some of the best advice ever given on a topic here on Simply. I have also seen some of the worst. The same is true on any other forum, regardless of the type forum it is.

Personally, I love books. Wattley, Yeng, Au, Quarels all have written great books. So have others. They contain history. Tradition. Knowledge. And, experience. Any serious discus person ought to own a shelf full of books on discus. The novice ought to have at least a couple of books, and read them BEFORE they buy their discus.

But, that's only how I see it (and did it).

Mat