PDA

View Full Version : sick fish

dogfish101
09-29-2008, 06:35 AM
hi i have a marlboro red he has not eating for two weeks .i have treated him with metro and then dewormer twice .no help ! he has completely white feces no color no nothing he still craps every day i dont know how he does it he never eats anything.i have temps up to 90 !and an other thing his bottom half is turning white .it seemed to have started when i was feeding him bloodworms by hitati they are good ones people say but every time i feed them some i end up with sick discus
thanks for any help
dogfish :confused:

dogfish101
09-30-2008, 04:28 AM
:confused:

09-30-2008, 07:30 AM
I am not an expert on discus but could it be worms that the fish is expelling? What other foods are you attempting to feed? Are blood worms frozen? What are the water parameters ie ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? Two of the four discus i have went nearly three weeks without eating when I first introduced them to the tank.

brewmaster15
09-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi ,

he has completely white feces no color no nothing he still craps every day i dont know how he does it he never eats anything.i have temps up to 90 !and an other thing his bottom half is turning white Its possible the fish has an internal bacterial infection... That white feces can mean alot of things.....Look at the abdomen...is it swollen? Is the feces long and stringy or kind of fluffy looking... It may be shedding intestinal lining...
i have treated him with metro and then dewormer twice .no help generally if you have tried metro ( what Dose?) and dewormed twice ( What dewormer?) I would suspect bacterial.. You may want to try a broad spectrum antibiotic...maracyn 2 is a good choice for this...kanamycin is also useful here..... Truthfully...rarely do fish like this ever turn around, IME.

Can you post some pictures?

Thanks,
al

dogfish101
10-01-2008, 06:19 AM
hi on the metro 1/2 tsp per 20 gal .dewormer piperizne 1/2 tsp per 20 gal water checks out ok .cant post pic wish i could his fecies looks more stringy looks like all the others with nothing in it .the blood worms were frozen by hakari .he is still swiming well his belly is a little bloated and he is coloration is turning white he is a marlboro red and he is a lite pink .do you guys think i should put him out of his missiory ?
thanks for the help i got some levamisole yesterday and i am trying it keeping fins crossed
thank you again :confused:

10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
I am not a fan of chemicals or meds in the aquarium except for extreme cases. You may wish to google info on Jungle anti- parasite medicated fish food. It contains the medications you are perhaps looking for and in my view if you can get the fish to eat the medication it would perhaps be more beneficial than treating the water. Maybe others out there have used this productand can chime in on it's effectiveness. I wish I could offer more help.