PDA

View Full Version : Petland - Stendker Dealers / Discus Hans

cyang
09-30-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm going to be getting fish from Mike at CODiscus...but I'm just curious if any has ever had experience getting Stendker discus from Petland. There is one literally 5 minutes from my house. I'm in Carmel, IN. Thanks in advance!

troyclark
09-30-2008, 01:59 PM
The only stedker discus I have seen in a Petland is in Topeka, KS and the fish looked terrible. I don't think the staff realized the importance of water changes. If your store does change the water alot and the fish look healthy go for it. Don't forget to quarantine any new arrivals properly.

cyang
09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
That is what I thought. I never really trust fish from any pet stores, but was kind of curious since they were so close.

Fishworm
09-30-2008, 04:43 PM
the stendker discus at my local petland are pretty decent. the guy that works there takes pretty good care of them. I got a couple of brilliant turquoise, and alenquer and a santarem from them and they are all doing great.

it just depends on your local store and how good the staff there is.

Ed13
09-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Chaz, verify that this is a bonafide Stendker dealer, with Hans himself, and try to set up pick up of the fish when they arrive, BEFORE they are released. BEFORE, the bags even touch the water. I always do this since its safer anyway.

April
09-30-2008, 07:44 PM
good point. ask them to order the strains you want..and you'll take them right out of the bags.

Don Trinko
09-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Mike can get Stenker discus. I got some from him but I had to wait until he had enough for an order.
I have bought discus from Mike. He is Honest and has good discus. He also has FBW at a good price. Don T.

Discus-Hans
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Chaz,

Petland Carmel is a dealer, take a look what they have in stock, if not what you are looking for they can order and you can do it the way others said, buy them in the bag.
Probably you can make a deal if you buy them in the bag and pick them up before they tank them,

Hans

cyang
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys. I talked to mike on the phone a few weeks ago. I'm gona head over when he gets a new shipment sometime in October. :D

cyang
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Chaz,

Petland Carmel is a dealer, take a look what they have in stock, if not what you are looking for they can order and you can do it the way others said, buy them in the bag.
Probably you can make a deal if you buy them in the bag and pick them up before they tank them,

Hans

Thanks for verifying Hans. Great to k ow there isoneof your dealers s close to me! You have very pretty fish and I hope I can experience them someday. Is there a big differnce between Euro and Aisan bred discus (size shape color etc)?

laliyorayado
10-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Great..!!

MikeF
10-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I get all my discus from Mike Beals. I just picked up 6 more 4 days ago. He is very knowledgeable and a great guy to deal with. He still has a good selection from his last shipment that he recieved in mid September.

MostlyDiscus
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I too have recently bought from Mike. A1 person to deal with. I bought 7 albino royal blues from him and I am very happy. From what I have seen Hans also has nice discus. I did purchase discus from two fish guyz. They were very nice discus as well. I did see some Stenker discus in a store and while they do a decent job of keeping discus the fish just dont seem happy. I felt that the dealer I bought my Hans discus from did a great job caring and shipping the fish I recieved. GL with your purchase. Ed