PDA

View Full Version : Its going on 4 day and the fries are still attach to the intake filter

discus-mike
10-05-2008, 02:41 PM
My pair lay eggs wed 3:00 pm and now its sun 1:31 pm and they are still attach to the intake from the filter are they suppose to untach them self or they need the parents help,I had to remove the male because he was using hes fins to knock them off the intake and the female will run and pick the ones she could get to ,so i lost some wiggles she also will peck on the male every time he got close to the wiggles.so thats why i removed him i hope this was proper or should i have left him in there with the female,anybody that has helpful question really will help Thanks Mike

majik
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi There im no expert on fry but ime all seams well .If 1 or other of parents are being problem its best to remove them.The fry should de-tatch all by themselves they will be going everywhere looking for the parent fish so its best to lower the water level at this point to ensure they find their target.Hth

Dkarc@Aol.com
10-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Give them another day. They are eggs for roughly 2 days, and wigglers for another 3 days. Tomorrow they should start to go free swimming.

-Ryan

discus-mike
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks,Majik for the input I was not sure what to do about the male ,but im glad that i removed him now its 11:13 pm and the wiggle are still there it makes me realize that there somebody that has alots of know how ,thanks alot Mike Morales

discus-mike
10-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Give them another day. They are eggs for roughly 2 days, and wigglers for another 3 days. Tomorrow they should start to go free swimming.

-Ryan

Thanks, Ryan that make me feel much better .I wait an see tomorrow and i will let you know how everything goes

P.s. what would you call a pigeon blood and a colbalt blue discus .this was not my plan since i had three huge pigeon blood 7 inch in the tank with a colbalt blue,I guess the colbalt blue was a bigger man or a player ,lol,anyway ,thanks alot Mike

ShinShin
10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Water temp has alot to do with this issue. I've had them leave in 56 hours to 4.5 days. 86F for the 56hrs, 78-79F took 4.5 days.

Mat