PDA

View Full Version : Different Varient's of Discus.

Hobby
10-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi I'm new to the site and was wondering if there is a good place to learn about all of the differant varients of Discus. I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to learning more and more and more. :wave:

Don Trinko
10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Care is the same for all except the wilds. You can see pictures or the different varieties if you look at the different sponsers web sites. Don't be surprized if you see 2 that look almost the same but with different names. It's like the color of a car; Ford calls it #$% red and Chevy calls it &*+ red but nobody calls it red. Don T.

DiscusDreamer
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Heiko Bleher's Discus Volume 1 is the only place i would go for identifing wilds, if thats wht your into

Hobby
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I guess what I am asking is..... are their certain classification for each varient? For judging it talks about "representing the varient." How many differant varients are there? Whats the differance betwwen a pigeon blood and a golden marlboro or a red melon and a millinium red or valentine etc etc etc? Is their a one stop resourse for this info?

When judging discus, what are the classification that each discus are put in? Solids? Carnation? Lepoard? How is this done?

Don Trinko
10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Look in "discus University" ( this web site) You will see various varieties and judges comments abought them. Don T.

Hobby
10-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much for your help.