PDA

View Full Version : Food for 1.5" discus

EnriqueP
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
What do people recommend feeding discus that are 1.5" in body size, and how many times per day? I have about 30 of such size discus I got from this local breeder. Thanks!

ep

kaceyo
10-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I use frozen BH, BW's and BS, shaved if they have trouble with the large bits. By that size they can eat Tetra Bit's too. You don't have to crush them since they get soft and the kids can take bites right off. They'll eat flakes too. If you feed them enough at each feeding to noticably swell their stomachs then you can get by with 3 or 4 feeding a day and still get excellent results. Or feed them more frequently with smaller meals.

Kacey

EnriqueP
10-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi KAcey,
I've been feeding BW, frozen BS, flake and recently tetra bits. I'd like to compare notes and see how these are doing compared to their sibs at your place... Please send me a PM with your number, as I lost it... Hope all is well.
Enrique

kaceyo
10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi KAcey,
I've been feeding BW, frozen BS, flake and recently tetra bits. I'd like to compare notes and see how these are doing compared to their sibs at your place... Please send me a PM with your number, as I lost it... Hope all is well.
Enrique

hI Enrique,
I don't have any of that spawn left. I only sold them all to reduce the number of tanks I have due to the Condo-boards complaint. I do know a few of the people that have them though so can still compare notes with yours and theirs. I'll send you a PM with my number.
How are they doing? Still eating like pigs growing fast?

Kacey

EnriqueP
10-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, they are eating well. I hope they are growing fast. But to be honest, I can't tell because I do not remember their size when I got them. Starting to color up though.

I'll call you...
Enrique

lilim10
10-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I'd say Hikari Discus Bio-Gold is good for smaller discus. They are around 1/2 to 1mm and my adult discus just don't seem to notice the tiny things!

allan_mark76
10-19-2008, 05:13 AM
A balanced diet between flakes and a protein mix with vitamins.

~AKA~