PDA

View Full Version : Wild discus -Montreal, Canada

discusman69
10-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi, I'm currently looking for some quality wild discus to complete the set up my new show tank; strain is not important. If you have some available and are located in the Greater Montreal Areas, please send me pictures, seize and price via email at binsueanne@aol.com.

Thanks,

Bin

rowedder
10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Discusman,
Try looking at below water . com....email them and ask for what you are looking for. I know they are located in Canada.

discusman69
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM
John,

I pick up a pair of Blue from Oliver's last week. He doesn't have much wild discus in stock and has no plan to bring in new shipment soon due to the slow market/demand for wild fish.

Thanks,

Bin

rowedder
10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Bin,
Yes, Oliver emailed me back with the below statement...

The good really blue heckels come starting December at the earliest. Top fish are $150-250

There are no good rsg available to North America, we get very few only and they always go to Asia to the customers that buy the most. I have not seen a top quality one in 3 years.

So maybe in December he'll have some.
Thanks for the reply Bin

yogi
10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
I just want to give some input on the blue or blueface heckels. They will lose a lot of their blue over time in the aquarium. The question is why and no one seems to know the answer. I have bought them a few times over the last 10 years and they always lose their blue. I have spoken to Jack Wattley, Marc Weiss, David Weber and Alberto Barboza about this. They all gave suggestions on what to try, but over time none of them worked. So before you pay big money for them ask what will keep them blue and what guarantee do I have they will still be blue in 6 to 9 months. A nice healthy regular heckel is still a gorgeous majestic fish.