PDA

View Full Version : Vote on tank stock list!

Yassmeena
10-13-2008, 01:18 AM
So I am trying to decide between two stock list:

A - 3 Golden Red Diamonds and 3 Eruption Leopards
B - 4 Golden Red Diamonds and 2 Eruption Leopards

Please send in your votes - thanks!!!!!!

seanyuki
10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I would go for 4 of each strains perhaps they could pair up in the near future....just my two cents.

Cheers
Francis:)

Yassmeena
10-13-2008, 12:40 PM
That would be nice, but my tank is only 55 gallons. Too many fish for a 55 right?

Ryan
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
That would be nice, but my tank is only 55 gallons. Too many fish for a 55 right?

It depends on your water change and feeding schedule. I raised ten discus out in a bare bottom 55 gallon until they were about 4 - 4.5", but it required 100% daily water changes and five or six feedings. Then I split the group up and raised the remaining five fish to about 6" in the tank.

If you're fairly new to discus or you're not able to do really large tank cleanings, go with six fish. Six is the minimum number of discus I'd keep. Anything lower and you may see some pecking order issues.

Yassmeena
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
It depends on your water change and feeding schedule. I raised ten discus out in a bare bottom 55 gallon until they were about 4 - 4.5", but it required 100% daily water changes and five or six feedings. Then I split the group up and raised the remaining five fish to about 6" in the tank.

If you're fairly new to discus or you're not able to do really large tank cleanings, go with six fish. Six is the minimum number of discus I'd keep. Anything lower and you may see some pecking order issues.

I agree with this. Besides, I have a fairly busy life style so the daily water changes and 2 - 3 times daily feedings I am doing now is all I can commit to with any kind of certainty.

I wouldn't want the little guys to suffer on account of lack of proper care! :D

Yassmeena
10-13-2008, 05:51 PM
So I was just talking to Kenny about this, and he advised that 3 and 3 is a better way to go in terms of creating a comfortable environement for the fish. He feels that both options would be ok, but there may be a better balance of power among the strain-specific subgroups that way.

This seems very reasonable and logical, so 3+3 it shall be!

Thanks for your input everyone! :)

cyang
10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
4 is an unlucky number...it means death. Don't get 4 of anything...EVER!!!111