PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed.

chemjab
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I started a thread on my problem here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=66400

Sorry to jump you around. I couldn't add the Urgent to the title.

Thank in advance for any help.

James

sophie68
10-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi again James,

I am pretty sure that you could not go wrong with Maracyn and Maracyn 2.
Furan 2 is an excellent antibiotic because it is broad by nature but I am not sure it would help as much. Maracyn should not upset your bio filter too much. Keep an eye on it. How is your discus' eye now? You might want to post a picture.
Hang in there,
Sophie

chemjab
10-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi again James,

I am pretty sure that you could not go wrong with Maracyn and Maracyn 2.
Furan 2 is an excellent antibiotic because it is broad by nature but I am not sure it would help as much. Maracyn should not upset your bio filter too much. Keep an eye on it. How is your discus' eye now? You might want to post a picture.
Hang in there,
Sophie

Thanks again Sophie.

His eye looks about the same tonight and he was hangin out in the same spot he was in this morning. I have moved him to a hospital tank 10g next to the 120 and started a Maracyn and Maracyn II treatment. I used water from the 120 and a new sponge filter. I added an ammonia meter since it is not cycled. I will post a pic in the morning. Thanks again. I am hopeful since he doesn't look worse.
Now I am concerned with the house water. We are on a well and if the bacteria count has changed for the fish, it is in all my water. I will be adding a UV light for the whole house.

James