PDA

View Full Version : What the heck should I do!?

DiscusKeeper403
10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi all,

Occasionally I will get a death of a fish for no known reason. I thought that the reason for this was an unknown disease, well, I guess I am wrong. I came back from Summer time with a fish not eating. He hid and after a while lost a bunch of color.

I believe two of my fish may be pairing up, as they always bully one fish when he comes near them and thus that fish bullies the another one. They haven't laid eggs or anything yet though. But anyways, the sick fish stopped getting bullied because he was hiding and another one started to get bullied in place of him. Now the new bullied fish is hiding and not eating, and the old one after a month is out and eating again out of nowhere!

I know now that the fish are probably getting depressed from being roughed around and stop eating. What can I do to solve this problem!? I really don't want to get rid of any of my fish!!

I have 5 Discus in a 50 gallon, so tank size is fine, and group size is fine. I really don't want to part with any of my Discus!

Tropical Haven
10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Seperate the fish that are getting bullied. Once they are away from the problem they will start eating again.

DiscusKeeper403
10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
I only have a separate 10 gallon as a hospital tank, the rest are occupied. Probably not ideal but I'll have to stick them in that while I fatten them up.

DiscusKeeper403
10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I used a tank divider and put the two not eating Discus on the other side of the tank. One of them is still a little peckish, but doesn't have a great appetite. The other now has HITH, because he doesn't eat and has become malnourished.

It's been two days and still no improvement. When do you think I will begin to see results?

DiscusKeeper403
10-23-2008, 12:57 AM
No one has an answer?