PDA

View Full Version : Newish to Discus

Stasie
10-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a space to introduce myself.. I've been lurking a while and thought I had it figured out..lol! It wasn't until my Discus got hex that I realized I really didn't have much figured out!

I have had some Discus for a few months now, and I'm absolutely delighted with them! I visited Bob Garside who lives nearby and became even more excited about caring for Discus. Fortunately he was a great help with hex and my fish have improved immensely! :D

I'm now even more devoted to learning all that I can about caring for my Discus, I do daily or every second day water changes, a bare bottom tank .. which was hard to get used to, 86 degree temps, some driftwood and a few potted plants in my 90 g. I'd love to get more Discus, particularly from Bob, but I figure that I better know more about what I'm doing, before I take that plunge!

I'm thrilled that there is such a forum as this, and I'm certain from what I've read so far (quite a bit) that I will learn all that I need to take care of these precious fish!

Stacey

CraigG
10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Welcome, I thought i knew what I was doing as well. I had them for 4 years and moved and had to sell them now I'm back and started with plants.

I feel like a newbie again...