PDA

View Full Version : Breeding age young adult albino available

dan1
10-17-2008, 02:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I have 3 young adult albino turquoise around 5.5". I am selling them in a group to make some room. They are round and very healthy. I am asking $300 for the group.

If you are interested, please call Dan at 650-996-9077 or email dtc168@yahoo.com or you can send a PM.

dan1
10-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Can someone please comment on my sale?
Is this a strain that is of no interested to the members or is it the price?
I had posted this sale twice and doesn't seem to generate any interest.

Thanks,
Dan

kpotter2
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe Price is it! Can you ship?

Thanks

Kyle

dan1
10-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks Kyle, I rather not if I can find someone local. If I really have to, I can ask our friend Kenny's discus to help on shipping. I did ask him about the price, he said it is a good price for 5.5".

Thanks again,
Dan

ShinShin
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
From my point of view, I looked at the fish as possible breeders, but the 2 on the right have a few body flaws that ruled them out for me. The one on the left looks okay from the particular angle it is at. Sorry.

Mat

allan_mark76
10-25-2008, 02:43 AM
With today's economy it could also do with the price. With the price of water, electricity, gas, food, etc you could quite understand that peoples wallets are a little tighter than what they were.

VOTE VOTE VOTE ! ! !

~AKA~

dan1
10-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Mat, Allan,

Thanks for the sincere comments, with today's financial downturn I can sure understand. As far as the body flaws that Allan mentioned, can you be more specific? I can't seem to find anything that looks out of the ordinary, but that's just me.

I am trying to keep the head counts down so I don't have to change water so often, but if I can't find a buyer I will just keep them, I really like their color and shape, it actually looks better than my albino snakeskin.

Dan

bs6749
10-25-2008, 11:34 AM
This is what I see, but maybe Mat sees something different. All of the fish seem to have a decent overall shape. The fish look fat and healthy and appear to have nice coloration (IMO). Here are some "minor flaws" that I see in each fish:

Fish on the left: It looks a little weak in the chin from what I can tell and that may be it's only flaw. Not a show fish IMO but better than many discus.

Fish in the front: Nice overall shape but has a chipped eye.

Fish in the back: Dent in the forehead can be seen in the first pic right where the power cord for the filter goes behind the fish. It's basically pointing out the dent if you follow the cord.

Tropical Haven
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I am not an Albino fan myself so there might be quite a few people like me out there as well. Fish do not look bad though, good luck with your sale.

dan1
10-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks bs6749 and Scott,

bs6749, I am very impressed that you can get so much just by looking at the pictures. I seen a lot of them having this problem and I thought it is normal for albinos. Thanks for pointing it out, I really appreciated.

Scott, I can certainly understand, I was not that much of an albino fan until I saw the Albino Eruption Snake and Leopard from Kenny. It is also the challenge to get the frys attach to the parents. Indeed some albino strains really don't look that impressive and with the price tag I rather stay with the non-albinos version.

Dan

bs6749
10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Dan, I'm by no means an expert when it comes to judging discus and it's very easy to be critical. All of my very limited experience comes from browsing through the forums on here and looking at people's discus and what has been said about them. The main areas seem to be the forehead, chin, shape, finnage, coloration (colouration for those of you in Canada LOL), eye size, and anything that would detract from the score of the discus such as improper eye shape. I would bet that the discus with the chipped eye would have been culled by most breeders if it were not for it being an albino ($$$). That fish is an example of one that turned out to be a rather nice looking fish when others wouldn't have given it a chance. I'm not sure if that's normal for albinos or maybe I'm seeing it wrong. What it looks like to me is that there is actually a piece of the eye missing rather than missing color in one area. Maybe I'm seeing it incorrectly though.

ShinShin
10-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Dan,

I agree that the fish on he left is the nicest. A weak chin detracts some from the overall shape of the fish. The fish appears to be very nice and would look good in anyone's discus community or species tank. This is the look I get in pic 1. Hard to tell in the others.

Pic one also shows the fish in the lower, right front very well. You'll note that the fish has a very poor transition to the dorsal to the forehead. A chip aso appears to be present in the eye, but could be an illusion from the flash. The "cichlid" hump also takes away from the fish's appearance.

Photo 3 also shows the same poor transition and hump in the middle discus.

These are not poor quality discus, just not top notch, so don't feel badly about them. You were asking why people weren't interested in them, and I told you why from my point of view as wanting them for breeders. When looking for fish to breed, shape is the number one thing to look at as it is the hardest to correct. Color would be second.

I've seen far worse discus pics on the forums.

Mat

dan1
10-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok, actually it is just missing color, I have another one just like that. At least this one is very even on both eyes. For some reason the red color is missing on both eyes around the same spot, making it look like a physical chip from the picture.

Dan

dan1
10-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Mat,

Thanks for taking the time to explain in such details, I am sure the members here appreciated it too.

Dan

kpotter2
10-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Dan if you lived closer I would have bought them! And when I said price maybe it I meant more then anything its that most people don't have that money right now.

Good luck and I wish I could take them home. I am an albino fan!

Thank

Kyle