PDA

View Full Version : too feed or not to feed?

*Polka dots roc*
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Ok so my problem is that out of my five discus I have four amazing eaters, and one little guys who doesn't eat much.
He doesn't really get bullied but still doesn't seem to eat alot.
Every day I try to get as much variety in their diet as I can, feeding tetra bit(everyone eats them readily except little mr. picky), flakes(same 4 eat 1 not) then I feed bloodworms and brineshrimp this stuff the little guy attack but once the cube disperses he won't eat it.
I really don't get it. And I want him to eat more, so what do you'all suggest should I stop feeding the flakes and tetra bits(which I would feel bad as the others love them so much) or should I add garlic etc.?

CraigG
10-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Garlic always seems to work for me. If not I put them in thier own tank to feed them till they get an appetite and then back in the main tank.

seanyuki
10-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi Nicole,

Disperse the food evenly both side of the tank or using live food...California Blackworms,red wringers could bring Mr.Picky appetite up again.

Cheers
Francis:)

shd17
10-23-2008, 03:21 AM
Would live tubifex worms or brine shrimp help too? What garlic product do you guys use?

seanyuki
10-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I am feeding them Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Marine Pellet(small pellet).

http://www.oceannutrition.com/product_marine.php?file=bc02.html&head=04

Cheers
Francis:)

Would live tubifex worms or brine shrimp help too? What garlic product do you guys use?

*Polka dots roc*
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
^
tried that last night but not a thing hes... so stubborn

allan_mark76
11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Whats your temperature??? I keep my juvies at a constant 88* to stimulate an appetite. Also some are just too picky for their own good and others are just poor eaters.
That's just the way it is overall.

~AKA~