PDA

View Full Version : should I qt these fish?

marnold
10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Hello I have ordered 4 fish from Kenny.He says they have been qt for a few weeks.My question is should I simply acclimate and add them.Or should qt them a while then add.I fully trust kenny and know im getting good stock.I have a 65 gallon set up bb and heated to 85 and running a sponge and cycled ac 500.Any help would be great.

Discus-n00b
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
I QT'd mine from keeny. I always play it safe, i trust kenny and forrest as well but you can never be to careful. And who knows, the fish you already have could give something to the new ones instead of the new ones bringing in anything.

Graham
10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Always QT fish regardless of where they came from and after a couple of weeks then add one of your existing fish into the QT. As N00b mentioned your fish may give something to the new fish

G

marnold
10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Matt.This may be the only time a Army guy takes advice of a Marine!Lol
Matt

Harriett
10-27-2008, 03:33 PM
QT. Always. No matter where the fish came from or who had them before you got them. Ask the better breeders/importers and this is the answer they will give you. Ask Kenny this question--I bet he will tell you the same thing!
Harriett

allan_mark76
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Better to be safe than sorry is my belief. I mean think about it - how much did you spend overall on this purchase? I'd QT them regardless.

~AKA~

CraigG
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
As everyone says better to QT them and be safe.

That being said I've never QT'd fish and never had a (serious) problem. Though I know one day it will catch up with me. Once I have my Show tank set up and finish moving into my place I plan on setting one up in my game room.