PDA

View Full Version : Eggs on heater?

kpotter2
10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Hello, I was just wondering how long I should let my young pair of PB discus take care of fried eggs on a heater. Should I pull the heater with eggs and let them start over. I put another heater in on its side and was letting them take care of the spawn to see what they would do. They are taking good care of the bad eggs. What does anyone think I should do? This is ther first spawn in my tank I bought them from someone else.

Thanks

kyle

kenhappen2u
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
i am no expert but .....if it were me i would turn off the heater with the egg's and put another heater in the tank for the time being . as long as perents are taking care of the egg's i would just let them be .

hope this helps ....Ken

dwilder
10-27-2008, 09:27 PM
scrape off the eggs give them something else to spawn on

kpotter2
10-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you much!

Ken I did put another heater in there right away! I will see what other say also. Because right now I have one say take them out and another saying leave them in!

kyle

kenhappen2u
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Kyle ...like i said i am NO expert . i am sure dwilder knows what he is talking about . i was just trying to help . good luck with what ever you do . peace!

Ken

MostlyDiscus
10-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Have to agree with Ken on this. Let the eggs be. The parents will clean off the site when they are ready to spawn again, and they will. Ed

G550
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
then turn your heater horizontal so they dont lay eggs on it again. Its frustrating watching your eggs scrammble on the heater.
good luck:angel:

kpotter2
10-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Kyle ...like i said i am NO expert . i am sure dwilder knows what he is talking about . i was just trying to help . good luck with what ever you do . peace!

Ken

Thanks all and Ken I think you are smarter then you think! I thought the same thing and was doing the same thing,but wanted some backup on what was doing! I just didn't want to mess with the parents and thought they would clean them off when they felt like it. I didn't want them to think I was going to clean them out everytime I came over after a spawn.

Thanks to everyone I think I will just let them be and let parent take care of them when they want to!

Thank again

Kyle

dwilder
10-30-2008, 02:26 PM
its not gonna hurt to leave them its just if you leave them taking care of eggs that are not gonna hatch it just takes longer for them to spawn again and they aren't really learning anything from taking care of something thats not gonna hatch