PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Will Be Glad When The Presidential Race is OVER?

MSD
10-28-2008, 08:40 AM
After the long and contentious primary runs and the long presidential race with its nasty spirit, who else will be super happy next week when its over? No more Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, Malzberg and Savage, all one sided fear mongers with an agenda.

Peachtree Discus
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
after the election we have to hear the complaining, :flame: how the election was unfair/rigged, :flame: how registrations/votes were not counted, :flame: conspiracy theory, :flame: and the mouth dumps from the losers. And regardless of who wins, don't forget the follow-up gloom and doom speeches over the next four years about ...."oooo, the state of our country because of who is in the captain's chair". :flame:

even i still have doubt about this thread....i wonder how long it will be before it turns ugly. :bomb:

Graham
10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
has anyone taught the guys in Florida how to count yet.:D

The US has to be the only country in the world where it takes 2 years to have an election...we did it in 35 days and that was too damn long...didn't change anything, just wasted a couple hundred million to get the same bunch back:cry::rolleyes2:

G

MSD
10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I heard both parties have begun to deploy lawyers to the key battleground states in preperation of contesting the results depending on who wins. This was a news story last night on CNN. The biggest disappointment to me, besides the Sarah Palin choice, was how nasty and loose with the truth the conserative comentators were. How can you listen to what they are saying?

t_j
10-28-2008, 03:49 PM
How can you listen to what they are saying?

I stoped listening after Clintion fell out of the race. Its so funny we where just talking about all of this on my daughters field trip yesturday.

Ed13
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
You guys think you have it bad? Try having 4 political parties based on the status of the island(and it's affiliation with the US) running for the highest political seat (governor) in a 100 miles x 35 miles island with 4 million plus voters who are very passionate about participating and are very loyal to "their party". Politics is often comically referred to as "PRs national pass time". Not to mention accusations, federal investigations and even arrests of two of the main candidates. And lets not forget we also have to follow the race for the US presidency.

I'm so TIRED I can't wait until its all over!

BTW, election here is November 4, just as in the US.

MSD
10-28-2008, 09:21 PM
That must be quite a trip, weird how PR can vote in the primaries but not the election. Hispanic is the fastest growing minority population in America, they should be included if they wish it, but who can blame them if they don't?
Regardless, I cannot be so illogical as to vote for Sarah Palin on a ticket for President, especially when they were so many truly qualified women that are far more intelligent and experienced then her...

MostlyDiscus
10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
You want the truth MM(monkey man) your av bro.... watch BBC. The British news is more to the truth than our US news.BTW Grahan, your an American too.:D

Condor
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I am very thankful for our elections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4

Graham
10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
You want the truth MM(monkey man) your av bro.... watch BBC. The British news is more to the truth than our US news.BTW Grahan, your an American too.:D

Like !@#$^ I am:shocked: ...Canadians and Americans are very different in the way we think and go about things. We're next door neighbors and that about it.. :wave:

Discus-Hans
10-28-2008, 10:47 PM
If it really is going to happen (and MSD I think we've a different opinion) and I can't do $hit about, can't vote yet but for sure next time.
If there is going to be a next time.....do I only see this or are there more, all those .....strange???? connections, is there after 4 years still a USA????
Maybe in 4 years we all speak an other language.

Maybe I've to look in the option of setting up a whole sale in Canada, although freaking cold :( :(

Hans

MSD
10-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Hahaha,cold up there for sure Hans. Who knows what will really happen but either way we should not panic or be afraid, the USA can make it through anything, and hopefully always will. Beside, I like it here...

geleen
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
To me, there is something seriously wrong with a people that discuss politics as a main topic for 2 years straight! And then seemingly can't make up their minds. From the outside looking in, things look very,very different than what Americans see.

Time magazine for instance makes their money for 2 years on drivel discussion and opinion for an election that will change nothing of substance.
Thank somebody that I live in Canada! YEAH.
2 cents worth for sure.:)
John

brewmaster15
10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey John,
This is off topic with the Time magazine comments but thought you'd find this interesting.... Times statistics from their Media kit...

Circulation Frequency Note: Edition circulation and frequency information subject to change

Global.......1,411,000

US.........550,000

Europe ..... 445,000

Asia........180,000

SoPac.......96,000

Canada......90,000

India .......50,000

Then theres this....
TIME readers account for:

$29.4 million spent on cosmetics in the past 30 days
$96.1 million spent on perfume/cologne in the past 12 months
$34.6 billion spent on recently acquired vehicles
5.5 million personal trips taken within Canada in the past 12 months
2.5 million personal trips taken outside Canada within the past 12 months
$374.8 million spent on last pair of eyewear
$976.1 million spent on furniture in the past 12 months
$169.1 million spent on home accessories in the past 12 months
$795.8 million spent on men's apparel in the past 12 months
$865.8 million spent on women's apparel in the past 12 months
$313.9 million spent on footwear in the past 12 months
$40.7 million spent on luggage/accessories in the past 12 months
$367.7 million spent on fine jewellery in the past 12 months
$88.9 million spent on watches in the past 12 months
*Source: PMB 2006 Adults 18+ (TIME Canada National Edition) Don't ask me how this relates...it really doesn't...but after i read your post I thought lI'd google time and thought this was interesting.

source...
http://www.time.com/time/mediakit/1/canada/styledesign/audience/index.html

Honesty Disclaimer..I read time:)

oh and on the original thread question.... I will be glad when its over one way or another...hopefully the way I want:)

take care,
al

MSD
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, unlike a lot of countries at least the transfer of power in America is a civil, respected transition and there are no coups or other problems. I just think there is just too much nonsense during the campaign.

seanyuki
10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Mark,

When the election is over....I am able to watch my prime time tv again...have to wait for two weeks for Prison Break to air again.

Cheers
Francis:)

Graham
10-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Well, unlike a lot of countries at least the transfer of power in America is a civil, respected transition and there are no coups or other problems. I just think there is just too much nonsense during the campaign.

It might be a civil transfer of power when they finally get around to it, but for the last 2 years they done nothing but throw crap and innuendo at each other and not just the presidential candidates.

Just think if you took the hundreds of millions they've all spent in 2 years and then the $500± billion spent in the Middle East over the last 5 years. There would be no poverty in the USA, everyone would have free health care, kids would best education system..............................pirorties

brewmaster15
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Better watch it Graham....Things warm up on earth a few more degrees and you may have to deal with an influx of Americans :) I'd not make Canada seem any rosier than it is.;)

-al

ps...throwing Carp at each other in an election isn't an American thing....it happens everywhere at election time....though I do agree that ours is a rather drawn out process that seems to get longer each election.. Its like holidays... they start earlier each year...By thanksgiving we will already be passing those truckloads of Canadian Christmas trees heading south and in the stores...the Christmas merchandise is already...:(

Graham
10-29-2008, 11:04 AM
:) oh they try it here but we only have to put up with it for 5 or 6 weeks.

The Xmas trees are on thier way passed a bunch the other day

MostlyDiscus
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
I agree with that M. Yes I will vote for McCain, Yes I will follow Obama because he is my pres. Graham.,,, just poking fun at ya. I tell all my Canadian friends that and pretty much get the same reaction. Ed

MSD
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I've been to Canada many times and I love it there, but NY is my home and whatever small family is left lives here. The primaries were brutal because of Hillary, and now the Obama wave is bringing out the vitriol of the right wing GOP. McCain kinda lost me when he picked Palin, I think she is not VP material much less a heartbeat away from the top job. As another posted stated, I can't remember when a candidate made me feel 100% good about voting for them, Reagan maybe the second time.

Darren's Discus
10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Even over here in Oz,It's on the news and TV everyday !! Boring !!! get on with it already.

cheers

Ed13
10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
That must be quite a trip, weird how PR can vote in the primaries but not the election. Hispanic is the fastest growing minority population in America, they should be included if they wish it, but who can blame them if they don't?
Regardless, I cannot be so illogical as to vote for Sarah Palin on a ticket for President, especially when they were so many truly qualified women that are far more intelligent and experienced then her...

Oh, not being able to participate in US politics is well, politics!! We are natural born US citizens (regardless of our ethnicity or language) with the same rights an obligations as the rest. WE even go to WAR with you. Our only problem is we are born in an Island far away, If I move to the US I just have to register to vote:confused:. Many people did take participating in the Democratic primaries but not on the general election as a slap in the face while others did embrace it, that's why there was such an unusually low participation as compared to local elections which are like a huge party for months.

I do agree with you is kinda scary to think Palin has the power if McCain is unable and lets face it he is no "spring chicken".

You guys can't even imagine how clean and nice your election process has been compared to ours:( I mean the current governor and candidate, a democrat super delegate backing Obama btw, has been accused on federal court of 24 charges including extortion and money laundering, and was just three points behind the leader in the latest poll can you imagine that? I'm seriously contemplating moving back to the US if he wins! Canada would be nice too, if it weren't so cold! lol:D

BTW, I visited some relatives in Long Island this past spring and I loved it so much, of course it was in the 40-50F that day and I was trembling with cold, lol:)

brewmaster15
10-29-2008, 07:59 PM
BTW, I visited some relatives in Long Island this past spring and I loved it so much, of course it was in the 40-50F that day and I was trembling with cold, lol:) yeah sure Ed, I'm still bummed about that... you were only an hour from here and we didn't meet up!:(:(:(..no excuses next time bud!

-al

Ed13
10-29-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah sure Ed, I'm still bummed about that... you were only an hour from here and we didn't meet up!:(:(:(..no excuses next time bud!

-al
Sure man, one of these days you'll get to see my ugly mug:p. I did think of you at the time but I wasn't alone and I could not have imposed on you;)
I do have an unlce in Framingham, MA I may need to visit, lol

brewmaster15
10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Impose... we'll convene a special Northeast meeting:)

-al

Ronald
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Yea,
Lets get this one over with.:D

An in Feb 09 we can start working on the next one in 2012. :argue:
We don't want to waste any time do we ;)

ps: That applies to both parties lol.

Regards
Ronald

MSD
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey Ed, come back in two months or so and it'll most likely be in the 10's and 20's, thats cold! My brother in laws GF is from Puerto Rico and her parents have nice house there by the water, a warm getaway from time to time. I don't think I'd leave that climate for here!!