PDA

View Full Version : Radical color changes

Sportsnutim
10-30-2008, 01:57 AM
One of my discus is changing colors pretty fast. From what my book says this could be a problem. Any ideas on what I can do for meds? They don't have any eggs so that couldn't be it.

DiscusDude85
10-30-2008, 05:14 AM
One of my discus is changing colors pretty fast. From what my book says this could be a problem. Any ideas on what I can do for meds? They don't have any eggs so that couldn't be it.

It could be because of spawning!I know when my pair starts their ritual for spawning they will dance with eachother and they will flash different colors, They will be very dark one second then super super bright the next. Keep us informed.

Joe

Don Trinko
10-30-2008, 06:38 AM
They change colors based on their mood, background, health etc. Generaly speaking you don't have to worry abought their color unless they get dark and stay dark. Don T

JodyF
11-02-2008, 03:29 AM
Hi
Throw your book out. the problem with books is they are out of date with in a few months.buy magazines or use the net for information. If you believe everything thats in the health part of books you will think your fish are nearly dead every day.
jody