PDA

View Full Version : New politics...humorous...maybe?maybe not.

brewmaster15
10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey once all this insane election hype has gone by:crazy: ...I think we need to get a petition going to make the Discus the National fish ... Problem is what color and strain...? That ought to keep the politicians busy....

I can see it now... special closed door session...

"Mr. President, The White house should have a tank of RGDs or Red Mellons as Red is a power color. We've already begun special free trade agreements with our Asian Counterparts overseas experienced in these fish and are leveraging ourselves to be in good position with Germany as an alternative source of breeding outsourcing... the problem is the Fish Breeding Lobbyists...I can't impress upon you enough Mr. President how many Political Dollars are at stake here from the Fish Breeding Lobbyists...they are threatening to stop all local production if we outsource here....great care has to be used to avoid a severe economic fallout that could have far reaching global impact....Just yesterday we recieved notice that The G8 wants to discuss this before we act.."

" Mr. President, Our enemies abroad would take the choice of Red Discus as a sign of aggression..I propose we appoint a more Neutral color...Perhaps Blue..I would strongly avoid Yellow discus though as that would make us look weak...and that color is prone to turning aggressively Red as time goes by...other countries may look at that as sign of changing foreign policy"

" With all Due Respect to my esteemed colleagues...we should herald in a new era of International leadership and modern thinking...It is my strong assertion that albinos represent this great nation and the world best as they remove race and origin from the picture.... additionally I feel we should without debate move to allocate 4.5 billion in emergency funds to support Research into Albino Fish Breeding programs as this in surely in our national interests."

""nonsense Senator so and so.. Real Americans are a hardworking Rustic People, industrius and tough...true survivors......I can think of no Discus that represents that Better than the wild Discus....I propose we immediately convene a committee to begin exploring which strain of wild we should pick and Allocate 2.5 Billion to be used to fund the program.... This money can of course be borrowed and tacked onto the Bailout package for wall street"

"Fellow Senators and Mr.President, as you may realize this countries economic future lies in domestic production...If we do not establish programs to facilitate local Discus Breeding Programs we will never be able to compete in the international markets.. I propose we shore up of domestic facilities infrastructure with 800 Billion dollars...part of these funds will be used to buy up worthless hatcheries that are flooding the market and we will resell them at a profit down the road and give those proceeds back to the American People... The initial 800 Billion can be funded largely by tax breaks to the corporate sectors which in turn will promote business growth and increase revenues to the federal Government...The timing here is perfect as its known that Pigs will fly this month and we are banking on that....additionally, I am asking that we allocate another 2.5 billion in tax breakssfor fedex... with these funds they can give their share holders more profits while still raising domestic rates... Support for this comes from the 6.5 million dollar pilot project we funded last session that clearly shows wealthy stock investors purchase more high end Discus...which of course translates to more tax revenues...and may I remind everyone... its getting close to the time we vote ourselves a pay increase...increased revenues will make that easier to sell to the public"

nah.. couldn't ever happen? could it?:)

-al

DiscusDreamer
10-30-2008, 08:48 AM
why not a large variety of discus, a so called "melting pot" that encompasses every variety of discus on earth?

Roxanne
11-20-2008, 12:59 PM
..."This money can of course be borrowed and tacked onto the Bailout package for wall street"

ha ha, you're funny brewmaster...Discus for President..What about a red white blue striped discus? Give the breeders something to do...
:D

GrillMaster
11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Whats the current national fish? :confused: ;) :D :D

Roxanne
11-20-2008, 10:38 PM
I'd go with that slap happy penguin...:D

MSD
11-21-2008, 08:13 PM
My first penpal was from Australia when I was 11, we kept in touch for a few years, just drifting back through my youth. :D

Roxanne
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM
What about an Australian Penguin?:D

MSD
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Can they write?

Roxanne
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Can they write?

Alas, no. But they can tap dance...

Rox:D

MSD