PDA

View Full Version : Life Cereal

DiscusDude85
11-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Well i came home from lunch to my bb growout tank filled with life cereal! My wife was babysitting my 2 year old nephew and couldnt keep an eye on our 2 month old and a 2 year old. The funniest thing was the discus were actually eating it!. Clouded my water a tad but i siphoned all of the cereal out. Its always suprising to see what he throws in there rocks,money,CEREAL! lol. Cant wait till i get to battle this with my young one!. Anyone ever have somthing like this happen?

Joe

ncyracer
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
hah thats funny. My mom was watching my tank once and she fed them about 20 algea wafers wondering why they would eat it.:)

DiscusDude85
11-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Did they eat any of the algae wafers? Thats funny if you had a pleco in the tank he'd be in heaven.

Joe

Porkchop
11-02-2008, 12:56 PM
My tanks are high enough to where my niece and nephew can't get to them and that's the way I like it. It's bad enough they sit there and poke at the glass when they come over.

DiscusDude85
11-02-2008, 01:44 PM
My tanks are high enough to where my niece and nephew can't get to them and that's the way I like it. It's bad enough they sit there and poke at the glass when they come over.

Yeah, Wish i had some more room for another stand, My bb growout tank sits on the floor under my showtank. Ugh

Joe

ncyracer
11-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Did they eat any of the algae wafers? Thats funny if you had a pleco in the tank he'd be in heaven.

Joe

Well i did thats what saved the food aste. And i had a couple of ramshorn snails that i couldnt catch but once those were in, it was like a trap. HAHA

Porkchop
11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, Wish i had some more room for another stand, My bb growout tank sits on the floor under my showtank. Ugh

Joe

If it's not the money, space seems to almost always be the problem.

Heiko Bleher
11-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi,

this is Heiko and I just saw this. No wonder Cereal is close to what discus eat in nature... (I have researched this for decades in nature and complied 80 pages – the result of hundreds of stomaches researched after capture – in my book about it...).

In ermany now, as well as other parts of Europe, guys are feeding: strawberries, banana, mangos, etc. Just unbelieveable, but true. And they go for it (although most of those feeding these fruits of which some have similar components as fruits they eat in the Amazon – i have give the fruit contens in most in my book).

So why not cereals...

All the best from another Germen (living in Italy) who loves discus

always

Heiko Bleher
www.aquapress-bleher.com
www.aqua-aquapress.com

Apistomaster
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe you need to build a fence around your tanks out of child gates?
I remember when my daughter was a toddler some 23 years ago that we used some book shelves and a gate to fence off our apartment's dining area and kept the fish tanks and home office in that area until she was old enough to comprehend imaginary barriers.