PDA

View Full Version : Duckweed

obsessed
11-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I got it, i don't want it. But i am screwed aren't I. its a total mat in my floating plants in my 125 and there are bits in my other 12 tanks including my aging tanks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Paul

tacks
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Your right it is a pain. The only way I know is to net it out, every time you go to the tank just pickup your net and take some out. It wont take long..just my 2 cents worth Ed

doc3toes
11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
yeah me too. netting is how i am spending my morning. GL.

dwilder
11-08-2008, 03:31 PM
duckweed is amazing stuff i have cleaned it out of an outdoor pond so that it looked gone and in a week the top of the pond was completely covered

Don Trinko
11-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Duckweed is the only plant I can grow and it grows too good! I don't have any now. I'm always afraid a piece will slip in when I buy a new fish. Don t.

Wahter
11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I got it, i don't want it. But i am screwed aren't I. its a total mat in my floating plants in my 125 and there are bits in my other 12 tanks including my aging tanks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Paul

You have to be very diligent and scoop it out everyday and make sure you remove every single plant that you can find (check the corners, behind the filter intakes, etc...). I've always been able to remove it from my tanks by doing that. In a few weeks, it will be gone.

HTH,

Walter

Darrell Ward
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
You have to be very diligent and scoop it out everyday and make sure you remove every single plant that you can find (check the corners, behind the filter intakes, etc...). I've always been able to remove it from my tanks by doing that. In a few weeks, it will be gone.

HTH,

Walter

Ain't that the truth! One tiny piece can start the colony all over again.

obsessed
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
thats what i suspected but you never know!
the only dumb question is the one thats never asked right?

thanks
PAul