PDA

View Full Version : Website is up...

brewmaster15
11-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi all,
Well, I finally put together a website for myself... Nothing fancy...and theres alot more I plan on doing but its the basics...and a start.

If you get a chance please take a look and give me some feedback here.... keep in mind....I'm not a web designer so don't expect one!:)

Theres one small quirk I have found that I need address with the way firefox browsers handle movie clips...It automatically plays the clip and loops it, whereas IE doesn't but...its not too bad an issue...

Okay then...introducing CTdiscus.com (http://www.ctdiscus.com)

I haven't added any fish for sale yet....but will soon.

Thanks,
al

Tropical Haven
11-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Al,
You did a great job on that website!!! I can see some future discus coming my way from your hatchery. :D

Peachtree Discus
11-12-2008, 01:55 PM
sweet!!! :thumbsup: i been wanting to get my domain going for quite sometime. good job getting it out there.

DavidH
11-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Coming along nicely Al, I don't know if I missed it but a return to top of page tab would be nice. Great info and great looking Discus.
Dave

dpt8
11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
GREAT JOB AL !!!! Man, what a beautiful collection of discus, as we said.. Great guy, great discus !! David T

MSD
11-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Very nice Al, I can vouch for the food as my fish took right to it and lover the stuff. Best of luck with your new endeavor.

ashaysathe
11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Excellent Al.. Disheartening part is "No Discus For Sale"
Congratulations... good luck

Discus-n00b
11-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Looks great Al! I remember first getting into discus around 2002-2003 (i think), and remember stumbling across your site its been just a splash screen since then until now! Must be exciting!

poconogal
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Looking good, Al! And I want that Neon Turq!

2075turner
11-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Very Nice site that you have there Al. Good luck with it.

Evelyn:)

kaceyo
11-12-2008, 05:44 PM
For a "non-professional" you came up with a very professional lookin site. Pics are great and it has a good feel to it too. Good job.

Kacey

DiscusDude85
11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Good deal, Now you just need some discus for sale!.

Joe

kenhappen2u
11-12-2008, 07:26 PM
it looks nice! like Ddude said...now you just beed some fish for sale and watch the orders come im .

Good luck to you and your new site...

ken

Ardan
11-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Great job Al!:):):)
I really enjoyed the slideshows and the videos! Very nice. And awesome collection of discus as always:D

A lot of great info on your site also:):):)

Ardan

packerkid
11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Nice site and even nicer fish =)
Rob

Ed13
11-12-2008, 08:37 PM
LOVE it! LOVE the Alenquers, which are easily becoming my fav wild. Love the heckel tank, seems you managed to hide that one froms us though,lol

10/10:thumbsup:

gotfish?
11-12-2008, 08:41 PM
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION....wahahahaha...hahaha..ha great website al! good job:D

kirkp
11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Al,

Everything I expected. Great site. Especially like the wild. Get those greens to spawn and put me on the list for some fry.

Kirk

mutfish
11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
You misspelled vitamins :vanish:

rowedder
11-12-2008, 09:36 PM
That's funny Mutfish!!!

brewmaster15
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks Everyone. Glad you like it... Its basic but I hope to build on it.... More Articles and info, a place to document experiments...yada yada...

I do have a bunch of fish for sale, I just need to take some photos and post them there.... but I don't intend that site to be a seller's site ...I'm a Hobbyist before I am anything else.

And for those of you that have teased me for years as to not updating it and bringing it online again....:kiss:....:D Told you I was working on it!:)

-al

Big Tuck
11-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Really enjoyed your new web site,you did a great job.Any White butterflies to be sold in the near future?Your site is already added to my favorites.

grumpy55
11-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Great site Al.
I love your Heckels !

kirkp
11-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Not to be pushy Al but how soon for wilddiscus.com? HAHAHAHAHA

Kirk

Discus-Hans
11-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Nice Buddy, looks good,

Hans

Eddie
11-13-2008, 04:39 AM
Awesome site Al, the fish are phenomenal! Wish I could get my hands on a few of them Discus.

Eddie :D

subcooler
11-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Nice job on the website:balloon::balloon::balloon:
Beautiful discus & plenty of information too!
The website gives you an idea of whats going on in the basement hatchery , but seeing it in person will take your breath away!:D
It must have been a hard task to limit the testimonials to a reasonable amount-I've never heard anything but compliments on transactions with Al.
Keep up the good work,
Rob

blkrob
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree with everyone. Looks GREAT and enjoyed the video!!! So when ya plan on adding the for sell fish? Looks like you'll need to open the entire fish room agian.:thumbsup:Now I'm truly glad I was able to see it first hand.
Robert

aquadiva
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
WOW! You have some absolutely gorgeous Discus! Great job on the website but even greater job on the wonderful selection of Discus!! :sun:

Anna

brewmaster15
11-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks Everyone for taking the time to look. I've made a few minor corrections thanks to your feedback both public and private here... I'll try to add some stock on that for sale list as soon as I can.... and should be adding a new page or two soon.

Thanks again,
al

11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
very clean site and some beautiful fish! I hope you prosper from your labor of love.:)

Ed13
11-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks Everyone for taking the time to look. I've made a few minor corrections thanks to your feedback both public and private here... I'll try to add some stock on that for sale list as soon as I can.... and should be adding a new page or two soon.

Thanks again,
al
Hey Al are you gonna import direct from South America again?!;):D

Let me know, I might finally take the wild discus challenge!
Hmmm, Alenquers or Curiperas!:antlers:

brewmaster15
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey Al are you gonna import direct from South America again?!We'll see....:)

-al

kirkp
11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey Al,

Again, it looks very good. Like the care guide you added but noted that under the diet section there are lines of what I can only call programming language?

Kirk

uli and ria
11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
nice site al. have been back several times and showing others that are getting the discus bug. Thank- you for your work. uli

brewmaster15
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Kirk,
Thanks so much.... I checked both IE Browser and Firefox when I put this site online and didn't see anything wrong when I did......seems I missed that document...I'll have to look into why this happened... I guess its having issues with the word doc...I'll have to go in and try using HTML.... I think its the spaces that are a problem.:(

I'm guessing you use Internet Explorer as Browser? Firefox looks fine, but when I look at that page with IE...its garbled.:(

Thanks for letting me know!

-al

brewmaster15
11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks Uli!:) Still has a few bugs but I am working on it!

thanks again,
al

two utes
11-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Very Nice Al!
Good luck with it all.:)

kirkp
11-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey Al,

You're welcome. Yes, it's the spaces where the problems appear. And yes, I use IE at work because the IT nerds make me but use Firefox at home.

Kirk

brewmaster15
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Fixed it ..I think... Let me know if its a problem viewing still.
Thanks again Kirk.:)

Thanks Joe!

-al

Darrell Ward
11-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Very impressive Al! Took quite a bit of work I'm sure. You have some great looking fish on there. I love your Heckels. That's my dream fish. Maybe some day....:D

hag
11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
very professional looking site with a simple/not busy design. Its vary easy to navigate. super work!

BOBT00LS
11-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Your site is looking very good AL. If my insticts are correct, you are someone who puts everything into a project and I know it will only get better. The best part was geting to see some of the discus your keeping.

Bob

Darren's Discus
11-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Al,
your site looks great,don't know where you find all the time to do everything you do ?The only thing i would like to see on the site is some more pics of your great Hatchery for those of us that unfortunately live to far away to visit !:D

cheers

brewmaster15
11-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone!:)

Hey Darren,

The only thing i would like to see on the site is some more pics of your great Hatchery for those of us that unfortunately live to far away to visit !

I'll see what I can do, Theres really not much to see other than the fish....I'm probably the lowest tech person on this forum when it comes to hatcheries... Just a lot of tanks, sponges, Aquaclears and of course discus.

I do have an automatic water change and feeding system thats built into the place though....me!:)So far its been a reliable though old fashion system.:D

I am in the middle of a painstakingly slow fish room build out that may as finances allow, be slightly more modern... we'll see how that goes...I'm already a year behind where I wanted to be.:)
Thanks again all!

-al

geleen
11-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Very nice Al!:)
To bad you can't ship some of those to Canada! My guess is that I would not be first in line.;)
John

Ed13
11-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey Al are you gonna import direct from South America again?!;):D

Let me know, I might finally take the wild discus challenge!
Hmmm, Alenquers or Curiperas!:antlers:

We'll see....:)

-al
That's, not a, NO! LOL:D

GrillMaster
11-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Figures ya had to open it up while I was gone Brew!! ;) :)

Dont know what else to say that hasn't been said already! Exceptional job on the site! The pics and vids of the wilds are just fantastic!! :thumbsup:

I hope you will add more photos to your photo gallery though!! :D :D :D

How bout some before and after pics in your testimonials...Pics of fish you have sold and have been grown out? Just a thought. :)

tc

wgtaylor
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Congratulations Al !
You have given so much for so many people here on Simply Discus, it's good to see you have managed some time for your web site. Looks great, nice fish. :)
Bill

korbi_doc
11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
:D WOW Al, I'm with Mark, I too was away & missed!! No wonder you've been so busy...they are just incredibly gorgeous, & you've certainly done a great job on that site!! Wherever do you get the energy?? & here I am in the south instead of NJ where I could've been in on all these "goings on"....lol...but, I will return!!....just keep an eye out for that "red curipera type" fish for me..lol....

Dottie ;);)

brewmaster15
11-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks Mark,
Will take it under advisement!:) I'm starting another Gallery page or two ...I want to set up something about the cherry shrimp I breed here and showcase those Panda Uaru... and of course more Discus Pics!

Hi Bill,
Thanks also... your comment was really appreciated!:)

Dottie,
I Miss seeing you at these get togethers alot!, its been years... Hopefully we'll get together one of these times soon.

Take care,
al