PDA

View Full Version : spawning update and color question

numinous
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Well the fry are now freeswimming for 21 days. They are eating BBS, CBW, Hikari First Bites and crushed up flake. I lost some because the parents started fighting and the fry got in the way. With the parents gone they are doing fine. They are a little larger than nickel sized.

Question: I have one who is the same color as the rest, perhaps slightly lighter colored on the forward 2/3 of its body and much much darker on the caudal 1/3 of the body. is this some sort of color mutation? The fry is perfectly healthy, active and eating so I don't think it is an injury or disease. The parents were oriental leopard dream X venus leopard.

Thanks,

Mickey

doc3toes
11-22-2008, 01:06 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38836&d=1226891731

you mean like this? as far as i can figure it was from using water for WC that has diff temp or ph.

numinous
11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Yes, exactly like that.

Mickey

doc3toes
11-24-2008, 10:07 PM
the last 2 i had 'out grew' it after about 2 weeks. the previous ones, i didn't get to follow long enough. Make sure your water is matching parameters and dechlorinated. None of mine died that i know about, and they all acted normal. dont forget the pics

numinous
11-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, they've already grown out of it. Don't think it was the parms though. The only difference was 2 degree temp.