PDA

View Full Version : Cory's for a Discus tank

chipster55
11-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Need some info on ading cories to my fully planted Discus tank..Which ones will do well in 82 degree water..Any suggestions on where to buy online. Also will a bristlenose be OK in the warm water. Thanks

CraigG
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm at work and not sure which cory's i have but they all should fair well in your tank.

The Bristlenose will be fine in you tank. I haven't had a problem with mine.

You can try Dr Foster and Smith to order cory's there is a website out there I've seen to order plecos not sure the site though.

geleen
11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Need some info on ading cories to my fully planted Discus tank..Which ones will do well in 82 degree water..Any suggestions on where to buy online. Also will a bristlenose be OK in the warm water. Thanks

Sterbai's...... you would need a minimum of 6, better more. Fairly shy fish therefore need to be in a group.
Search for bristlenose in this forum;they are a great choice for algae
J.

above design
11-13-2008, 09:16 PM
You can get some nice and inexpensive Corys and Albino Bushy Nose Plecos from Blueram06@hotmail.com. I followed someones advice on this forum and bought from him. I got 8 green Aeneus Corys and 6 ABNs for $37.95 and that included shipping. He also threw in some freebies. Someone started a thread about him a while back. Do a search. You will find people have nice things to say about him.

- Mark

TankWatcher
11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
sterbai cories are meant to be good for Discus tanks, as they tolerate the higher temps better than some other cories. Plus IMO sterbai are just plain cute.

chipster55
11-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all advice.. I'll definately check out the sterbai cories and also check out your source..

doc3toes
11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
i had bronze cories in my 125 and they were breeding. they did great until i accidentally poisioned them.

Eddie
11-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I got 2 albinos and 4 panda corys in my 55. They are doing awesome and the temp is 84. :)

Eddie

thekeem
11-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Here you go - Corydoras Encyclopedia (http://www.nettaigyo.com/corydoras/encyc/index-e.html)

Really simple, tons of photos, water parameters, etc.

Generally cool brief information on so many different types.

thekeem
11-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Cool link for anyone who's into Corydoras: Encyclopedia Cordydora (http://www.nettaigyo.com/corydoras/encyc/index-e.html)

Foreign site, but you'll get information such as origin, water parameters, and a bunch of photos for a whole bunch of varieties

chipster55
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks again for interesting reading...........

Ed13
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
These are what I consider the best high temp/ best looking corys/relatives
sterbai
gossei
aenus
julii/trilinieatus
Brochis splendens

Because of my location all corys swim in water around 80F or higher year round and these have been those that consistently thrive in it. Many have worked for shorter terms though.

chipster55
11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
These are what I consider the best high temp/ best looking corys/relatives
sterbai
gossei
aenus
julii/trilinieatus
Brochis splendens

Because of my location all corys swim in water around 80F or higher year round and these have been those that consistently thrive in it. Many have worked for shorter terms though.

Thanks I am interested in buying about 6 sterbai's. I have looked and have seen a couple sites that sell them but most were out of them..Any suggestions on where to get them..I would like to find a breeder that has sold them for a while ''Thanks

dpt8
11-26-2008, 07:21 AM
You tried Cory R Us ?? If he doesn't have any in, he does get them in regularly.