PDA

View Full Version : discus angelfish goldfish arowana in 1 tank!

prashi110
11-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Guys checkout the setup on this video I found on FB....
It houses goldfish-angelfish-arowana-discus together !

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6R6me9AyM

Tropical Haven
11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Very interesting, I wonder how the goldfish are doing in there because they are a colder water fish.

And what type of discus was that first one shown that looked all grey with dark outer fins? Looked very strange to me.

ShinShin
11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Scott,

That may have been a stressed, parasite ridden PB of some sort. I've seen PB strains turn whitish over time at LFS's. The second discus certainly was emaciated from internal parasites with its black eyes and all. Did you note the razor edge appearance when it faced the camera?

It just proves what can happen to a discus when forced to live in an enviroment with unsuitable tank mates and water parameters.

Mat

thekeem
11-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Great Scott, that's a Pigeon Blood?!

Those poor fish...

I can only imagine what the goldfish alone are doing to the water quality.

Wahter
11-15-2008, 01:18 PM
That gray one looks like an old ghost or a stressed out blue diamond.

Anyway, the small leopard up front is definitely not in the best of health - thinning forehead, large eyes, and stressbars.

Walter

Graham
11-15-2008, 03:42 PM
one of those GF is actually a platinium koi...it definately would be interesting to test out that water...that's a huge bio-load

Tropical Haven
11-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Definitely not the type of community tank that I would have.

Porkchop
11-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Gold Fish are ugly and boring. I like Discus and Arowana's but would never put the two together. My friends dad had an Arowana that died trying to eat a Pleco that was bigger than him. Granted they were both squeezed in only a 90 gallon tank but still.

chintz
11-15-2008, 11:30 PM
omg! An unthinkable choice of mix of fish....... got to be a tease to viewers of SD....

DiscusOnly
11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
That arowana will never have a shortage of food. This is a perfect example of someone who shouldn't be given a fish tank.

ShinShin
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Regarding the grey discus, I sold a dozen MR juveniles to a LFS one, and they were put in a planted, community display tank. After 6-8 months and the fish grew between 0.25-0.50" (how about that for care), and turned about the same color as the fish on the video. That's what makes me think it could be a PB variety.

Mat