PDA

View Full Version : My runt

ncyracer
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Well i have five discus in a 55 gallon slightly planted tank. I have one runt who is quite young and am going to try to bulk up a little. He is ridden with parasites so i am treating him for that at the moment. He is alone in a 25 gallon bb tank. I was wondering if there is any advice for making him healthier or bigger. He only is eating a few pieces of bloodworms and nothing else. That could be because he was just put in the tank. But... I am going to be feeding him FBW and BH soon. Any advice would be great!:)

Tropical Haven
11-14-2008, 10:35 PM
You can still have a pretty runt as they grow older but getting them to a normal size is unlikely. I have a leopard snakeskin runt that is beautiful maybe I will take a picture of it and post it this weekend.

Eddie
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Sorry to jump on the thread ncy,

So is it best to avoid breeding with a runt fish? I mean if he carries a nice color and shape but not big, does that mean one should not let him breed?

Thanks and sorry again

Eddie

ncyracer
11-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry to jump on the thread ncy,

So is it best to avoid breeding with a runt fish? I mean if he carries a nice color and shape but not big, does that mean one should not let him breed?

Thanks and sorry again

Eddie

Its ok haha. Im pretty shure that its in the fishes genes some people told me. It will weaken your fish in size. But if he looks pretty than in my opinion go for it and see what happens. HITH:)