PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Air Pumps

MSD
11-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I just replaced my air pumps that are running the air diffusers in my tanks as they have always been so loud. The LFS mentioned the new Fusion pumps as being very quiet and should last a long time due to the design. This LFS owner is very smart and has been in the hobby for 30 years, his advice is usually spot on. It was again this time as the airflow is very good, the pump in 500 size and over has a flow control dial, and it is truly QUIET! here is a link to see them, the prices are awesome, a great value. http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/4743/product.web

scolley
11-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Thank you very much for sharing that MSD. :) A truly quiet, and inexpensive air pump would be a boon to the hobby. I recently laid out quite a bit more than that to get a pump that was truly quiet - because I could find none of the cheaper variety (this wasn't out yet) that were quiet enough. So I'm curious...

How quiet is it? If it is in an enclosed stand, can you hear it with the stand doors closed? And what about in the open, or with the doors open - is it audible from five feet away?

Thanks for sharing!

MSD
11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I have mine hanging off the back on a hanging pump holder and the sound the bubbles make out of the air diffuser is louder then the pump itself. I had used a Tetra whisper and a Stellar pump and I'd have to say it is 1/5th as loud as the whisper and 1/10 as the Stellar. My only question, being they are new, is will they last as long as advertised? They are guaranteed for 3 years by the company. By the way, I am using the 500 pump to drive 2 diffusers in 55 gallon tanks.

1Chuck9669
11-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I have mine hanging off the back on a hanging pump holder and the sound the bubbles make out of the air diffuser is louder then the pump itself. I had used a Tetra whisper and a Stellar pump and I'd have to say it is 1/5th as loud as the whisper and 1/10 as the Stellar. My only question, being they are new, is will they last as long as advertised? They are guaranteed for 3 years by the company. By the way, I am using the 500 pump to drive 2 diffusers in 55 gallon tanks.

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you posted the link for this pump! I too use the Tetra Whisper and greatly appreciate the sound advice (pun intended). Mine will be in the stand. However, I think I will keep my Whispers close in case the new pumps do not stand the test of time.

Right On, Man

MSD
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
I saved the old pump as a backup in an emergency too but even my family noticed how much quieter the tanks are with these pumps.

Eddie
03-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Have to say Mark is the man, the Fusion Air Pump is easily the quietest air pump I have ever used. I bought the largest one they carry and powering only 4 sponge filters and the power is INSANE with zero noise. I love this pump and will buy more in the future.

Thanks Mark

Eddie

MSD
03-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks Eddie, mine are still working as well as ever.

Eddie
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I will be getting more in the future, I can see it. Not a sound!

Eddie

MSD
03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
One less complaint from the wife. :p

rickztahone
03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
i saw these at a big LFS store near me and was curious about them as well. now seeing all the positive reviews i will go out and get one. the one i currently have is not too loud but i'm sure the fusion is quieter

scolley
03-07-2009, 03:10 PM
now seeing all the positive reviews i will go out and get one. If you do, please let us know what you find. The more positive comments we have on these things, the more we'll know that the good reviews thus far are the rule, and just the exceptions. For instance... are these initial reviews just because it's a new product, and production quality is initially high, but may fall over time.

Continued posts of experiences will tell the tale.

Thanks.

MSD
03-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Ya pays yer money and ya takes ya chances. :D