PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Al

MSD
11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
On this Thanksgiving holiday lets all give thanks, and a donation to Simply ;) for those that can, to keep the Forum alive and well! We are seeing now how another forum cannot keep up with the cost of supporting its bandwidth, lets not let this happen here. Al is so giving of his time and money due to his love of this hobby, lets repay back a little for those still able to, and support Simply. Anything happens here and your only discus chats will be with the PetSmart staff. :D

No PetSmart staff were harmed in the making of this commercial. :D

1Chuck9669
11-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Well said, Mark!!!

I just gave $20 USD a month ago. The one upside to dealing with Petsmart is they will price-match any of the major catalog sales. I just got a price-match from the Drs. Fosters-Smith cataolog on frozen food. I agree, the majority of Petsmart employees are clueless when it comes to Discus (or any other fish). I am regarded by some of the local staff as an experienced fishkeeper since I keep Discus. However, I owe every member of Simply Discus my regards. Without the attained knowledge of the experienced Discus keepers here on Simply my fish would die. If you have not contributed, please do so!

May Our Threads Cross Again...

brewmaster15
11-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks Guys!:)
-al

MSD
11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
True Chuck, everyday when I open the page to Simply I wind up learning at least one new thing. With Hans, Mat, Graham, Kenny, Al, the list goes on and on, there is a wealth of information, old school and new, to be had. I used PetSmart as an example of employees that are just local kids and not really into fish, much less discus. Point is there could come a day when Simply runs out of funds and we'd all be a little worse off for it.

Kindredspirit
11-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Anything happens here and your only discus chats will be with the PetSmart staff.

Lol! That is funny! One can not compare SD to any other board, in any way shape or form.

This place will always be here ~ it's called Scruples.

MSD
11-29-2008, 03:51 PM
They keep me in line they must be good. :angel:

VIOLIN33
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
that was well said mark and you are right some other sites arent near as good as this one, and the people thats in it you guys are great..